New from South Carolina

Spanielguy

Hello from the Deep South. I am wanting to plan a pheasant hunt for this fall (or next) and I am a complete pheasant novice. I will be a single hunter and probably want to only do a couple of days. My wife will be with me but not a hunter. We are planning to do some real estate scouting for possible retirement relocation. A South Dakota pheasant hunt has been on my bucket list for a long time and I’m not getting any younger. Any advice ( guides, all inclusive lodges, area, what to NOT Do, what to bring ) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Welcome to the site. Lots of good info in the SD forum to start some research. Just let o help clarify are you thinking of using a guide/lodge or a DIY type hunt? Or maybe not even that far in the decision making process?

Welcome to the site. Lots of good info in the SD forum to start some research. Just let o help clarify are you thinking of using a guide/lodge or a DIY type hunt? Or maybe not even that far in the decision making process?
Oh it would defiantly need to be guided . Like I said complete pheasant novice. My hunting experience is mostly white tails and rabbits. My upland skills leave a lot to be desired.

Spartanburg, here. Hoping to make a swing through the Midwest, Starting in Wi. SD NE and meeting friend for the Ks opener. But that all depends meet up with my surgeon next Wed. to decide on Whipple or more chemo.

Spartanburg, here. Hoping to make a swing through the Midwest, Starting in Wi. SD NE and meeting friend for the Ks opener. But that all depends meet up with my surgeon next Wed. to decide on Whipple or more chemo.
I have done a good bit of work in and around Spartanburg area over the years. I used to get around pretty well up there but I’d prob be lost now. We are planning on heading up end of November. I have talked to a guide and I am really looking forward to it. First trip out. Good luck on your medical!

Oh it would defiantly need to be guided . Like I said complete pheasant novice. My hunting experience is mostly white tails and rabbits. My upland skills leave a lot to be desired.
How much are you willing spend for a 2-3 day guided hunt. Knowing your budget might allow us to give some recommendations.

I planned on hunting for just a couple of days and I had budgeted a thousand bucks for the two days. The guy that I got in touch with is in that range. I believe he is about 20 miles east of Mitchell

I planned on hunting for just a couple of days and I had budgeted a thousand bucks for the two days. The guy that I got in touch with is in that range. I believe he is about 20 miles east of Mitchell
Sent you a PM

I found a guide service which sounds like what you have in mind. i have booked a trip with him for late november. Look for Dennis Foster in sd on the web.

I live in Seneca and work at Clemson and go every year. My buddy I go with every year had a whipple about 4 years ago, and my neighbor also had one. Both are doing very well with no change of lifestyle or eating/drinking habits. What I understand is if you choose whipple, make sure your surgeon does lots of them every month as it is a very long and complicated surgery. You don't want any young newbie whipper snapper for this procedure. Wish you the best with either way you go. We always go first week after Thanksgiving.

Got the Whipple man CHRISTOPHE LIEM NGUYEN, MD. Highly recommend by all the nurses. Gibbs Cancer Center. See him Wed. Ready to have this in the rear view. Thanks for the post.

That is awesome. Wishing you the best recovery possible. hope to see follow up posts of your fall 2021 SD pheasant hunt!

Back