New from South Carolina

Spanielguy

Hello from the Deep South. I am wanting to plan a pheasant hunt for this fall (or next) and I am a complete pheasant novice. I will be a single hunter and probably want to only do a couple of days. My wife will be with me but not a hunter. We are planning to do some real estate scouting for possible retirement relocation. A South Dakota pheasant hunt has been on my bucket list for a long time and I’m not getting any younger. Any advice ( guides, all inclusive lodges, area, what to NOT Do, what to bring ) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Matt D

Welcome to the site. Lots of good info in the SD forum to start some research. Just let o help clarify are you thinking of using a guide/lodge or a DIY type hunt? Or maybe not even that far in the decision making process?

Spanielguy

Welcome to the site. Lots of good info in the SD forum to start some research. Just let o help clarify are you thinking of using a guide/lodge or a DIY type hunt? Or maybe not even that far in the decision making process?
Oh it would defiantly need to be guided . Like I said complete pheasant novice. My hunting experience is mostly white tails and rabbits. My upland skills leave a lot to be desired.