New Browning A5

onpoint

I was extremely fortunate to have a beautiful new A5 Browning 3.5" auto loader gifted to me for my birthday. A group effort by a couple of ladies in my life. I have shot the old Auto 5's all my life and always wanted one of these new but totally different Browning's. In Max 5 camo. It shot it's first ruff grouse on our opening day this morning.

Plan to put it through it's paces during waterfowl season.

I have shot one just like it quit a bit. I helped put 700 rounds through it on a single weekend. It shot very well with little to no issues.

onpoint, do you have any secrets that you'd be able to share with the rest of us how to get our lady friends to buy us a new shotgun? :D :laugh:

33 years of being married and the other is my mother. For more then 10 years I have taken care of my parents. Dad sick for nearly all of it, he passed away a year ago in January. Numerous times I saved his life, middle of the night and a blood sugar level of less then 30, sometimes less then 20, near death. Me taking my finger and forcing it in to his locked jaw, putting syrup in his cheeks and telling him hang on dad. Building a ramp to get him out of the house, loading him by lifting 280lbs of man into the car/truck to get him to the doctor/hospital. Shoveling snow, mowing grass, fixing anything and everything for them. Bringing them breakfast, lunch and dinner. Making sure my dad ate duck, goose, venison, steak, Etc until his last day.

They said this was for all I have done for them and that it was just a tip of the iceberg of what they owe me for the years of help. I told them I deserved nothing. I did it because I love them. I expected nothing. I suffer from illness myself. It won't get the work over my guns in the past have but I'll do my best to make it see the duck blind as often as possible.

Good hunting everybody, be safe.

33 years of being married and the other is my mother. For more then 10 years I have taken care of my parents. Dad sick for nearly all of it, he passed away a year ago in January. Numerous times I saved his life, middle of the night and a blood sugar level of less then 30, sometimes less then 20, near death. Me taking my finger and forcing it in to his locked jaw, putting syrup in his cheeks and telling him hang on dad. Building a ramp to get him out of the house, loading him by lifting 280lbs of man into the car/truck to get him to the doctor/hospital. Shoveling snow, mowing grass, fixing anything and everything for them. Bringing them breakfast, lunch and dinner. Making sure my dad ate duck, goose, venison, steak, Etc until his last day.

They said this was for all I have done for them and that it was just a tip of the iceberg of what they owe me for the years of help. I told them I deserved nothing. I did it because I love them. I expected nothing. I suffer from illness myself. It won't get the work over my guns in the past have but I'll do my best to make it see the duck blind as often as possible.

You are the man onpoint it is very rare now days for someone to do all the things u have done for u parents especially ur father many don't care to or want to make the time to care for the 1s who once cared for us what u have done & Im sure still do is very much worth a thanks...

My father just completed a his last radiation treatment sept 9 I've been basicly his home care nurse off & on last 7+ years so I feel you onpoint was same type situation with my mother b4 that... I cook wild game for my father as well plan to keep on doing so same as u did...

Congrats on the new gun & thanks for the work u do & have done wish u the best & hope u get to use that gun lots this season...

onpoint, that gift was very well deserved. As smo said, good on you. As a person who helped take care of my mom when she battled bone cancer and grandpa when he battled cancer (can't remember what kind), I know a little bit of what you've gone through. I hope you get to use it in good health! :10sign:

onpoint, that gift was very well deserved. As smo said, good on you. As a person who helped take care of my mom when she battled bone cancer and grandpa when he battled cancer (can't remember what kind), I know a little bit of what you've gone through. I hope you get to use it in good health! :10sign:

Same here my mom had bone & ovarian cancer my dad throat & lung cancer i have the most respect for you guys helping out as caretakers & hospice care givers... Tuff road I know ...

Best of wishes to you guys out hunting this season...

Thanks for all the kind words everybody. I also commend all of you that have been their for those who have fallen ill or just with age. God Bless you all.

As far as more then one women..you goof balls. My wifes girl friend give me big hugs and kiss's all the time. I have even taken one fishing before, just her and me. I been married 33 years. She don't care what the hell I do..LOL..Just get out of her hair..go anywhere I want. A week? why don't you stay two..LOL

As far as the new A5. It performed very well. A couple hiccups well breaking it in. Then it just was flawless, specially in the blind out in South Dakota..I did pick up a Patterenmaster Classic choke for it and used it the whole trip in SoDak. A little tight for fast and heavy in your face over the decoys. I have a bad habit of locking onto a bird over the decoys and staying on them until I'm either empty or their dead. I did knock some down at distance and had a chase or two on with the dog and finishing the bird off. I shot a camo 3.5" Browning Cynergy O/U for better then 10 years. Still have it, just wanted a A5 really bad and everybody knew it. I have to relearn to restrain myself. Good hunting everybody

Congrats on the A5, OnPoint. Hoping to have one in my hands soon. I haven't had much time to visit this site the past 5 years but I always enjoyed reading your comments in the past.

I know what being the primary caretaker for an ill and dying parent is all about. Went through it with both my parents and I'd do it all over again tomorrow if I had the chance.

I had an uncle that died 2 years ago at the age of 93. My cousin was his primary caretaker for years. In his final months, his dad often didn't seem to know who he was, but one of the last things he overheard his dad say to himself was "Everyone should have a son like that". I'll bet your Dad thought the same thing.

Merry Christmas to you & your family.

Thank You for the kind words JMBZ71...

I would do it all over again too, taking care of my mom still, she just had her birthday before Christmas. 85 and still baking home made pies and home made bread. Love her so much..

God Bless, Happy New Years.

Try loading a few pics with the A5

Looks like I will have to down size any pics to get them to load. I long since got rid of my photo bucket.

Back