New Browning a5 in 3.5"

MOBirds

Just curious if anyone has any insight on the new Browning a5 in a 3.5" chamber? I have been intrigued by them since they came out but had held off given the lack of a 3.5" chamber option. Last night I was doing some research and when I checked the Browning site they now have them listed as a 3.5" option...

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/detail.asp?fid=029B&cid=011&tid=801

There is a "Shot Show" icon over to the left next to each 3 1/2" chambered option. I did a quick search online but didn't turn up anything specific. Any ideas or did I miss something?

BTW - I realize a 3 1/2" chamber is far from necessary for upland, not intending to get that discussion started, but as a turkey gun in Missouri they are nice to have as an option and something I could still upland hunt with in bad weather.

I would love to hear as well. I wondered why they didn't offer a waterfowl gun in a 3.5 chamber too.

Guys buy them when they first come out,then the offer them in a 3.5 inch chamber and get some guys to buy another. Nothing new Benelli did it with the Vinci.

sweet sixteen

that's why I'm holding on to my money until they make a limited run of sweet sixteens. of course, if I buy one now, I pretty much gaurantee they will make the sixteens. decisions, decisions.:D

The only problem I see is, all these auto's are getting up there in price. A person can buy a O/U that will out last 4-5 of them auto loaders for not much more.

The only problem I see is, all these auto's are getting up there in price. A person can buy a O/U that will out last 4-5 of them auto loaders for not much more.

I hear ya on that and own 3 o/u and a sxs but the semis have a very useful place too. In a duck blind a break action is less than ideal and a 3rd round quite useful, and for turkey a semi certainly helps soak up recoil.

I can't help you on the prospects of a 3.5" A5 but I did ask the guys in the Browning booth at Pheasant Fest if we would see any sub-gauge guns in the new A5. Specifically a Sweet Sixteen and a 20 ga. They didn't know of anything in the works right now but said they wouldn't be surprised if Browning came out with some other gauges in the new A5 since the gun has been a huge success.

A year ago I picked up a new A5 at Pheasant Fest in Kansas City and wasn't that impressed. However, after shouldering a couple this year at PF I really like the gun. If they came out with a Sweet Sixteen on a gauge specific frame I'd be first in line to buy it. I might even consider selling my 1960 Belgium Sweet to get the new one.

I examined the new A5 at the P. Fest and was surprised it didn't have a magazine stop in some of the models. Without all the modifications That I would need (forend and rear stock grip) I don't think I'll be a candidate. Also, I need to cut the rear stock way back to swing it to my shoulder and change the pitch. And, I would be interested in a 20, or 16, not another 12GA..

Back