Nephew

He got a rooster and 2 sharptails in the last week of December in deep snow.
I always heard that sharptails are poor table fare. I also heard that prairie chickens taste like an old tire. When I won the prairie chicken lottery in MN this year and got lucky enough to harvest 2 birds I brought them to a buddy who is a great wild game cook. Me and him and his whole family and even the neighbor kid ate them, everyone thought it was delicious! I hope the sharptails your nephew got were good, maybe you showed him a nice recipe?

I always heard that sharptails are poor table fare. I also heard that prairie chickens taste like an old tire. When I won the prairie chicken lottery in MN this year and got lucky enough to harvest 2 birds I brought them to a buddy who is a great wild game cook. Me and him and his whole family and even the neighbor kid ate them, everyone thought it was delicious! I hope the sharptails your nephew got were good, maybe you showed him a nice recipe?
I sure would like to know that recipe! I've never been able to prepare them properly, I guess. That goes for ducks and geese also. P.S I also enjoy Gooses posts whether I agree or not. I made the mistake of blowing my mouth off on here once and pissed someone off. I truly didn't mean to. After that I'm a lot more cautious. Well, maybe a friendly jab and a smiley face!!

I sure would like to know that recipe! I've never been able to prepare them properly, I guess. That goes for ducks and geese also. P.S I also enjoy Gooses posts whether I agree or not. I made the mistake of blowing my mouth off on here once and pissed someone off. I truly didn't mean to. After that I'm a lot more cautious. Well, maybe a friendly jab and a smiley face!!
I have a recipe somewhere called Sharptail n Ginger by Thomas E Donnel which is pretty good- a stir fry type of dish
Also a recipe for duck that would work on dark meats like sharptiail called Spicy peanut duck that came from Ducks unlimited

Man theres some clowns on this site. Thats why i aint been here in a while. And as soon as i take a look it's the same f**erry, guys who can't let another guy and his nephew enjoy a moment. Guys hwo cant just scroll on past and let the rest of us enjoy fun spirited conversation with out crapping all over it.
Goose I'm glad your nephew finally blasted a couple birds. Congrats to him and you.
David & mlmich your a couple 🤡🤡
Thanks for that.It only took him 10 years!!!

I'm going to get his pheasant mounted for him,as well as a Hungarian I shot with the 20 guage. The sharptails came out well.I used my dad's pheasant recipe.

🤣Been patiently waiting for someone to bust loosey goosey's chops!! Have to agree w/Davod0311. This is very old and what's worst, most everyone eggs it on. The old man (gm) still thinks people cares what he says. Ha, ha .👎👎 Two thumbs down. Too much time on his hands!!
😆wish I could go hunting!!

My dad liked to eat sharptails more than pheasant. He was an excellent cook, and a good bird hunter in his younger years.Ill post that recipe some time.As for this forum,I don't take it seriously,it's all in good fun.Big game hunters are not my favorite people, but I promote legal hunting. Bird hunters are the upper echelon of hunters.

Back