ne pan handle

jmac

Just got a report from my dad about the pan handle. He went down last weekend to check out the farm and land we lease. He stated that he saw great numbers of roosters and hens. So might be some hope for ne Colorado and western Nebraska. He also stated that our non funded crp is looking great and holding birds. Guess I'll be making the trip.:):thumbsup:

That's great to hear. I've never hunted in the panhandle, only around Imperial and McCook but have always managed to see lots of birds, especially last year. What general region in the panhandle is your lease?

That's great to hear. I've never hunted in the panhandle, only around Imperial and McCook but have always managed to see lots of birds, especially last year. What general region in the panhandle is your lease?

I should have worded that diffently. He Leases some of our land to local farmers to farm. The area Venango Ne to Julesburg Co. He (my Dad) stated that the Colorado area around Holyoke looked good also. :)

Back in the late 70's and early 80's the best pheasant hunting in the nation for a while was around Alliance and Hemmingford. Nebraska Game and Parks estimated 300 birds per section. I hunted that area and did not doubt it!

I should have worded that diffently. He Leases some of our land to local farmers to farm. The area Venango Ne to Julesburg Co. He (my Dad) stated that the Colorado area around Holyoke looked good also. :)

That's my favorite area in the state of Colorado. It wouldn't surprise me if I've walked some of your land over the last 15 years! If this year is anything like last year, we're in for some good times again!

That's my favorite area in the state of Colorado. It wouldn't surprise me if I've walked some of your land over the last 15 years! If this year is anything like last year, we're in for some good times again!

You very well could have hunted Some of my dads land, as most of it is not posted. In fact the only section that is posted is around the house.:)

Are you implying that I would trespass on land that's not posted!?!!? NEVER!!! :D;)

LOL LOL NOT at all. Just saying we don't get are panties in a Knot, if someone hunts our fields. After harvest of course. Because we know that all the birds are in the.................;)

Last edited:
Well it's good to hear that there are landowners out there that don't mind sharing their resources. Good for you and your Dad. Hopefully us "trespassers" can hold up our end of the deal. :)

Back