NE MT Rookie

tonka1012

My pops and I are heading to the wilds of NE MT for an early December upland trip. Looking at staying in Plentywood and hunting the areas surrounding. We have hunted Williston and Dickenson, ND but have never been further west or north than that. Any pointers?

I found that sending for the BMA access guide is a big help. It list all BMA land and what type. Type 1 has a sign in box, just sign and go hunt, type 2 you have to get a slip from land owner/manager and may have limits or restrictions. I also suggest a hunt app such as ONXMAPS it is a HUGE asset to find new areas and you can see vegetation and topography.

I found that sending for the BMA access guide is a big help. It list all BMA land and what type. Type 1 has a sign in box, just sign and go hunt, type 2 you have to get a slip from land owner/manager and may have limits or restrictions. I also suggest a hunt app such as ONXMAPS it is a HUGE asset to find new areas and you can see vegetation and topography.
Those sign in boxes get hammered. Good luck on those places!!

Some may, some may not…we looked at the booklet to see how many had been torn off…some spots had few, if any, removed…and good hunting!

Back