NE Montana outlook

Again this year I've found very good numbers of Sharptails and Huns. Pheasant numbers in the area I hunt in NE Montana is very gloom.
Got a report that the Scobey area has very good numbers of pheasants. It appears NE Montana will be spotty for pheasants, but as I stated Huns and Sharps are plentiful.
Hunt the north east border early morning.

Save the BAH HUMBUG for Christmas! I just returned from a 9 day pheasant hunt in MT. The Ringneck population was very good and I saw fewer fellow hunters than I've seen in the past 5 years. Oh the "Magic of Flight".

I’m sorry I asked a question about a corner of a state. I did not ask about a specific town or a narrow area. I didn’t feel that was hot spotting. It will not happen again. I did go and had a great time putting on miles learning how to do early season sharp tail hunting. Everyone enjoy your season, I will!!

I've heard the Plentywood area is good.
Earlier in this discussion you were complaining about all the hunters coming to MT. yet you freely give out locations. Please PM people if you are going to continue to give information. You do this on other State forums as well. I'm going to says this again, "This forum needs to institute a no hot spotting rule like Upland Journal has". Your posts on location are frustrating guys like me who have put a lot of time finding their public and private land to hunt.,

This is a bit like chess…or checkers, actually…it’s all headfakes…go opposite of where the “goose hopper” sends you…he is the Pat Morita character from Karate Kid…he’s the enlightened one, we are aspirants seeking his wisdom…we must drink buffaloberry tea spiked with warm PBR and eat still-beating sharptail hearts in order to divine what Goosehopper knows…it can, and should, take several generations, if ever….🌈☀️☮️

Last edited:
Earlier in this discussion you were complaining about all the hunters coming to MT. yet you freely give out locations. Please PM people if you are going to continue to give information. You do this on other State forums as well. I'm going to says this again, "This forum needs to institute a no hot spotting rule like Upland Journal has". Your posts on location are frustrating guys like me who have put a lot of time finding their public and private land to hunt.,
Sorry, I didn't know it was a big deal.

This is a bit like chess…or checkers, actually…it’s all headfakes…go opposite of where the “goose hopper” sends you…he is the Pat Morita character from Karate Kid…he’s the enlightened one, we are aspirants seeking his wisdom…we must drink buffaloberry tea spiked with warm PBR and eat still-beating sharptail hearts in order to divine what Goosehopper knows…it can, and should, take several generations, if ever….🌈☀️☮️
Ok, just remember my recommendation.

Save the BAH HUMBUG for Christmas! I just returned from a 9 day pheasant hunt in MT. The Ringneck population was very good and I saw fewer fellow hunters than I've seen in the past 5 years. Oh the "Magic of Flight".
As soon as my dog is ready, I'm going to hit plenty wood.

Back