NE Montana outlook

Hunt1GSP

Hello I’m looking for an update on the how the habitat looks in NE Montana. I have been looking at drought monitoring and precipitation maps, but would like some boots on the ground thoughts.
How thin is the cover? How did the birds fare this year so far?
Any information is appreciated!!
I’m going to try a sharp tail hunt in mid Sept and am curious.
Thanks in advance!

Hello I’m looking for an update on the how the habitat looks in NE Montana. I have been looking at drought monitoring and precipitation maps, but would like some boots on the ground thoughts.
How thin is the cover? How did the birds fare this year so far?
Any information is appreciated!!
I’m going to try a sharp tail hunt in mid Sept and am curious.
Thanks in advance!
I got out for sharp tails on 9/11. This was my first time out in Montana so I don’t have anything to compare it to but once I found the magic spot I was surprised how many birds I got into.

Again this year I've found very good numbers of Sharptails and Huns. Pheasant numbers in the area I hunt in NE Montana is very gloom.
Got a report that the Scobey area has very good numbers of pheasants. It appears NE Montana will be spotty for pheasants, but as I stated Huns and Sharps are plentiful.

Again this year I've found very good numbers of Sharptails and Huns. Pheasant numbers in the area I hunt in NE Montana is very gloom.
Got a report that the Scobey area has very good numbers of pheasants. It appears NE Montana will be spotty for pheasants, but as I stated Huns and Sharps are plentiful.
Plentywood

Okee Dokee- enough of this nonsense. 406-444-2535 is the phone number for the DFWP in Helena MT. Call them, ask to speak to a warden and ask him/her. Then listen to them laugh their *** off regarding this claim.

Yes, a no hot spotting rule definitely needs to be initiated on this forum. If you just can't help yourself running off at the mouth, please PM folks and stop listing towns regardless if a third cousin friend of a friend told you there were birds. There is enough pressure on the birds and we sure as heck don't need public advertising. Some folks just can't help it.

Yes, a no hot spotting rule definitely needs to be initiated on this forum. If you just can't help yourself running off at the mouth, please PM folks and stop listing towns regardless if a third cousin friend of a friend told you there were birds. There is enough pressure on the birds and we sure as heck don't need public advertising. Some folks just can't help it.
I'm sorry. My cousin wasn't sure if he was in Montana, or North Dakota.

Back