ND pheasant planting

ND Game and Fish Department has not released pheasants since the inception of CRP in the 80s. The pheasant stocking program eventually gave way to PLOTS walk-in access.

Growing up in ND - I will share I shot a few released roosters on the eastern side of the state where some management areas were principally released birds. The state would release roosters a couple of times as the season progressed.

Interestingly many of the roosters carried a band and the state asked they be reported when recovered. I guess I did not ever see any harvest statistics published in the ND Outdoors magazine on hunter recovery rates.

Where can I find records for DNR pheasant planting numbers by year for the state of North Dakota?? Can anyone help and post a link?
NODak from Everything I’ve seen and read has no public “releases”. There are plenty of birds and opportunities throughout the state without pen raised birds. That said, I’d assume their are some private grounds where put and take programs exist.
just came back from NODak last week. Good numbers of wild birds.

Most of the releasing is done by private Sportsman groups, one of them releases pregnant hens, others throw them out as adults in the fall, the state doesn’t that I know of, when they used to they had leg bands.

NODak from Everything I’ve seen and read has no public “releases”. There are plenty of birds and opportunities throughout the state without pen raised birds. That said, I’d assume their are some private grounds where put and take programs exist.
just came back from NODak last week. Good numbers of wild birds.
I'm making a hunt out there in December. I never can tell when I'm in Montana or not.

I'm making a hunt out there in December. I never can tell when I'm in Montana or not.
With electronic posting, I used OnX hunt this year ti verify closure of private parcels in NODak. This will easily work to verify where you are and whether the land is open for hunting. The bird numbers a few weeks ago when we were there are definitely up. While we didn’t see as many sharpies as we have in the past we didn’t directly hunt them either. Lots of Huns and pheasants though.

Back