NC Public Land?

Either of you interested in going out for a hunter sometime after Christmas? I think either the 27th or the 28th would work for me. If you can't make it, I'll still go out anyway, but it'd be a lot of fun to meet some guys form this forum and maybe kill a few birds (collectively...I'm not counting on limiting out!).

If you think you can handle hunting with the Coot I'm game. Bring some warm weather with you:) This storms done damage Seen 2 frozen pheasant today:( Covers full 10 plus inches of snow. Hunting might not be good at all.

it's hunting with the Coot or being stuck in a house with all of the in-laws...I've never met you, but you can't be that bad :)
I'll do my best to bring some warmer weather, but I'll hunt in anything at this point. I'm sick of the lack of upland hunting here in TX. Last year I did quite a bit of late season pheasant hunting...I had to throw Macy over some of the bigger drifts because she ended up just wallowing in them and was unable to break through. We still killed our share of birds doing that though. I think the birds aren't expecting any humans to be crazy enough to be out in those conditions :)
What day did you want to go out? I've done some looking on the internet at the public land on the north side of Kossuth and Emmet county, but wherever you want to go (within reason) is fine by me. I've never hunted in that area, so I don't have a clue what any of the property looks like.

If you think you can handle hunting with the Coot I'm game. Bring some warm weather with you:) This storms done damage Seen 2 frozen pheasant today:( Covers full 10 plus inches of snow. Hunting might not be good at all.
would you be up for a hunt sometime?

we only got like a couple inches im thinking..i really havent heard how much we got.... it wasnt alot most was caused buy the 50 to 60 mile an hour winds...all the streets in town are mostily clear like we didnt even get much... i can go up ur way if have too like jan 3rdhope to get few by then

Was decent last Friday...

I'd love to go, but as I said in prev post, will probably be in PA at the inlaws.

It was decent last Friday (see my report). I'm sure in the thicker cover, some birds made it through the storm.

Anyone up for a trip to KS next month? Methinks heading south might be prudent for what hunting remains.

I haven't forgot about it either fellas. I am leaning on just doing the dinner thing and hallin butt back here. As much as I'd like to I would be a goof ball to hunt down there when I only have 2" here. I talked with the rellies and there is quite a bit of snow. It will be last minute for me to decide either way. Can't believe this, I used to count on going south to hunt, but the last couple years here you have to go north. Crazy. But if we get a dumping here between now and then I will go. I suppose the dredges are full and the filter strips are gone, so that leaves groves. And sloughs if you can find one in IA. Dad says he is seeing birds Coyote hunting.

If any of you guys are in the area 24th, 25th or 26th look for a silver Chevy pickup with a darker silver topper from WI. My dog and I will be poking around looking for a bird or two. Stop and say hey. If I don't see any of you, have a Merry Christmas and lets pray for all this snow to melt early and for a dry warm spring. Hope Santa brings you all a nice new Remington!

I usually hunt either north of Armstrong or west of Armstrong. Haven't been down there this year yet so I might do some scouting to figure out where to start. I should probably bring snow shoes! I might not see many birds but it's still fun trying. There is almost one certainty, I will probably see Virginia the game warden. She stops me every year. Hasn't made any money yet off of me. If anything I can work off some of the Christmas calories I will be consuming. Are you going to be around?

i'll probably see her tommorow. calling coyotes by the slough. should hide the loaded clips for the ar-15. capt coot and my oldest son funnelcloud with full clips, what a scary thought.

snow shoes are packed. we have about 20 inches of snow by mason city. kossuth county has a little less. all fluffy . sink to the ground with every step

U guys must be the ones that called Kmart a half an hr ahead of me looking for those pet porters.:D Good luck fellas, I am passing on the IA lic till next year. Sounds like a friend and I are going to SD for a few days if they don't get pounded again. I will be on the MN side of the road this weekend chasing a few down to ya.

Do we need a lic to hunt on our own land in IA? If not I might go to the farm. MN we can hunt our own with out a lic.

You can hunt own ground with out a lic. just don't get caught FC:D
Tell me where it's at and I'll take care of the pheasant probelm:D

I've been ice fishing north of armstrong asked the guys about pheasant up there they said good luck. Let me know how it goes WIS. That game warden is really gun ho:D If it's really bad let me know You could try some spots around me not to far away from there.

alot less snow in kossuth county. saw several LARGE groups of birds next to the refuge. one group was over 250 birds. didnt get any coyotes. bennelliboy was always whining about the long walks to the call sights. funnelcloud sniped 2 racoons in a bean field. he looked like rambo with the ar-15 and a 30 round clip. had to hold bennelliboy back. he had a 270. was tying to save the pelts. i might end up putting one in a guys tool box before i go on vacation. do you think i will be blamed for it?

Back