My New Pea Shooter

Miforester

Just received my LC Smith 16 ga field grade, 28" barrels, built in 1938. I cant wait to get this out in the grouse wood and SD fields next fall. Going to pattern it tomorrow and try and break a few clays with it. She fits so nicely in my gun cabinet. My dad made the cabinet for me and the ends are made specifically for sxs's now just need to fill the other end.

Beautiful gun... do you know what the chokes are? I have an Ithaca 16 sxs in improved cylinder and modified and it is perfect for pheasants. I like being able to match the barrel to the flush.

Beautiful looking gun. Is it all original or has it been refinished? I've never shot a double trigger and don't plan to try and learn at my age. :)

Zeb I bet you would enjoy a Double trigger gun , say when a bird gets up long when your Britt tracked him over a 1/4 mile , it's nice touch off the back trigger and send the bird tumbling .

Beautiful looking gun. Is it all original or has it been refinished? I've never shot a double trigger and don't plan to try and learn at my age. :)

I will let you try this fall when we hunt together George! It appears to be original the case color is about 70%, stamping looks crisp, the butt pad is not original.

Upland - Ive always told myself I will not buy a gun that I wouldn't hunt with, so this gun will see lots of action this fall in the grouse woods for sure and I will kill at least my rooster with it when I'm out in SD.

I don't have a good way to measure the chokes, I'm guessing either imp cyl and mod or imp cyl and full. My hunting buddy picked up a fox 16 so we are going to pattern together here shortly.

Back