my new gun!

quail hound

Here she is my petite new 28ga. It's a Cz ringneck and I already love it. I went out to shoot some doves this evening and even though they weren't flying good I managed 5 birds with 16 shots, not bad for my first time shooting a sxs. Watch out quail, here I come.:D

83d0efd4.jpg

95f79529.jpg

:10sign: nice fowling piece ya got there.

(the O/U in the pic with the mountain quail wasn't bad either)

Welcome to the 28 gauge club. We 28 gauge people love to shoot those fun guns. But don't sell it short, it will do anything any other gauge gun will do. I have killed Pheasants many times with mine..........Bob

:10sign: nice fowling piece ya got there.

(the O/U in the pic with the mountain quail wasn't bad either)

Nice gun, I have a 28ga also.. Calisdad what O/U? I see nothing

I see, Thanks Bob

That sucks that you've got two barrels but only one trigger, having to carry all that extra weight around for a single shot..... ;)

Cheesy, there are a lot of advantages to having a 2 barrel gun. Do some checking that single trigger is misleading you. They really don't weigh any more than a Pump or Auto. I have a couple of auto's but when I go hunting it is the 2 barrels guns I take not the autos...........Bob

Cheesy, there are a lot of advantages to having a 2 barrel gun. Do some checking that single trigger is misleading you. They really don't weigh any more than a Pump or Auto. I have a couple of auto's but when I go hunting it is the 2 barrels guns I take not the autos...........Bob

I was being sarcastic about the double versus single trigger debate that goes on a lot. The first gun I ever hunted with was a double triggered SXS dad had, really liked it until we shot it loose.

The single trigger works perfect on quail and pheasant, a brace of mountain quail to prove it.:D

e7f93759.jpg

Yes, those single triggers work great. I love them, always had trouble with double triggers when I have gloves on. Nice picture, Congrats on the gun and hunt. I know you will love that 28 the more you shoot it.......Bob

The single trigger works perfect on quail and pheasant, a brace of mountain quail to prove it.:D

e7f93759.jpg

DUDE - save some for the rest of us. ;) :10sign: (nice job- I'm getting up early tomorrow)

oh- next pic show that beautiful top feather our mid west friends might not be familiar with.

Good idea, I'll remember that next time . I couldn't help myself I called in sick to work at 4am this morning, bird flu is an acceptable excuse right?:D

Good idea, I'll remember that next time . I couldn't help myself I called in sick to work at 4am this morning, bird flu is an acceptable excuse right?:D

lol lolm. I havent tried that one. I think I will lol. I got the bird flu, see you in a week or so, lolm.:cheers:

Guess that would work seeing there is a strain of Flu called Avian. Meaning chicken like birds

Welcome to the SxS club. I also got a CZ this year. Mine would be a 12 gage. I wanted something for ducks and geese also.:thumbsup:

Back