My legs are spent...

Rhodi

after walking all over this looking for quail today. Did manage to pick up four after about a two hour hunt. Missed a perfect photo op of a covey sitting right under a fence that was the dividing line between hunt/no-hunt. And of course, they flushed to the no hunt side.

No big news, just hadn't seen too many new threads on the Texas forum.

Hey R...where did you hunt today? I ran dogs but did not hunt.

Its sure hard to put that shotgun down and pick up a fishing ploe . But duck and dove season is done with for a while. I live in Temple and there just aint no quail in this area to make it worth it. I sure wish we did . So I think you guys had a super day even though you didn't fill your bag.

Its sure hard to put that shotgun down and pick up a fishing ploe . But duck and dove season is done with for a while. I live in Temple and there just aint no quail in this area to make it worth it. I sure wish we did . So I think you guys had a super day even though you didn't fill your bag.

I no what you mean about putting down the shotgun. At least I can try and do a little more Quail hunting until the end of this month. Whether I get any or not, I just enjoy being out in the field.

I am looking forward to getting out to NM and CO for some camping and fishing this summer. Will most likely get down to PK as well.

You'll get a kick out of this . I have been hunting with a pup that I found about 9 years ago. And she's done a super good job for me on ducks ,dove and even crows. I have no ideal what she is but sometimes if she see's a deer she will lock up and point. Beats all I've seen but its funny as hell.

Back