My First Duck Stamp

BritChaser

Bought a state duck license today, my first, and went to the post office to buy a federal duck stamp, $15.00. It looks like a large postage stamp and has a beautiful painting of a pair of white-fronted geese on it. I stuck it on my state license. Ready for my first duck hunt.

Bought a state duck license today, my first, and went to the post office to buy a federal duck stamp, $15.00. It looks like a large postage stamp and has a beautiful painting of a pair of white-fronted geese on it. I stuck it on my state license. Ready for my first duck hunt.

Good luck Brit and remember have fun

Welcome to the dark side.:p By dark I mean dark, up and out 2 to 3 hours before sun up, hauling decoys ,flags, and ground blinds. Freezing your butt off, in blizzards, and snow storms, because thats the best time to hunt them.
Good times. It really is a lot of fun and I wish you the Best with this new addiction. :cheers:

Welcome to the swimming pheasant club. Hope you make good use of your purchase. :10sign:

At the risk of the humorist and inuendo. On the list of darks, don't forget the "dark meat" !!!! Cook rare and slice. Some kind of modern population record number of ducks headed down the flyway. Good year to start.

Cook Med. Rare and slice.

Go's good with Red Wine also:thumbsup:
011.jpg

Kabobs
goose005.jpg

Ma's Blueberry pie is good with it also. Sweet corn and Pheasant and noodles don't hurt either
015.jpg

Good luck

The stamp is beautiful indeed - makes me annoyed how the clerks always insist I sign all the way across it instead of just including a slight corner.

The stamp is beautiful indeed - makes me annoyed how the clerks always insist I sign all the way across it instead of just including a slight corner.

Hmm. I was not asked to sign it. It was just handed to me. I guess I need to sign it now that I've attached it to my state duck license?

Questions for Goldeneye

Goldeneye, those photos are "Southern Living" or some such magazine quality. And the food -- I am now hungry from looking at it.

Let's start with the meat. Are those duck breast fillets wrapped in bacon? Did you marinate the fillets?

In the first photo, is that a twice-baked potato, a fritter, a biscuit or what? I WANT ONE!

Now, the pasta. What type of sauce is on there? Looks like a mushroom sauce. Mmm mm.

I hope to try that whiskey some time. I usually carry W.L. Weller bourbon on pheasant trips. It cuts the dust real good.

Last edited:

(Let's start with the meat. Are those duck breast fillets wrapped in bacon? Did you marinate the fillets?)

Duck breast marinated in italian dressing jalapeno peppers and bacon with a garlic bisquit The 40 Creek came from Dakota Zeb I had no idea what it was till I spent some time with him. (Good Stuff)
maybe this is a better picture?
012-2.jpg

(Now, the pasta. What type of sauce is on there? Looks like a mushroom sauce.)

2 pheasant breast with 3cans cream of chicken -1can sprite- onions -mushrooms- lipton soup mix- Garlic lots of Garlic cook in crook pot 6hours (till meat pulls apart)

This is stuffed Goose also good
024.jpg

BritChaser You ever in MN get ahold of me your welcome for supper:cheers:

Welcome to your new "addiction" Brit Chaser. You will have a great time especially hunting KS. Most folks marinate their ducks. Cook to medium rare. Great on the grill with bacon/jalapeno. You need to sign your stamp.

Thank you!

Hmm. I was not asked to sign it. It was just handed to me. I guess I need to sign it now that I've attached it to my state duck license?
I know in my Michigan rule book it explicitly states that it needs to be attached to the license and must be signed across it's face with ink (across as in partly on the license, partly on the stamp). My understanding is that they want to eliminate the possibility of people sharing stamps.

You'd need to check the guidelines from your particular state - my experience is only MI.

I know in my Michigan rule book it explicitly states that it needs to be attached to the license and must be signed across it's face with ink (across as in partly on the license, partly on the stamp). My understanding is that they want to eliminate the possibility of people sharing stamps.

You'd need to check the guidelines from your particular state - my experience is only MI.

thank you!

BritChaser You ever in MN get ahold of me your welcome for supper:cheers:[/QUOTE]

Goldeneye, thank you! Sorry, but i just now noticed your nice dinner invitation.

Last edited:

Correct, you need to sign across the face once it is attached to your state license. I think the directions are printed right on the duck stamp when you buy it.

BritChaser you rock!!! I too just bought by first Federal Stamp and license to do some waterfowl hunting. Hope to get some time off work so I can shoot a couple :). P.S. Thought is was kind of a neat stamp this year.

Thank you, Ma'am.

BritChaser you rock!!! I too just bought by first Federal Stamp and license to do some waterfowl hunting. Hope to get some time off work so I can shoot a couple :). P.S. Thought is was kind of a neat stamp this year.

UPF members, this poster is a female hunter, one of the few in here I believe. Let's welcome her so that she knows this is a place for her and all female hunters to express their views, share their hunting stories and knowledge, and enjoy the forum with the rest of us.

Thanks so much BritChaser. You guys are great and I appreciate you making me feel welcome. It's great to talk to both men and woment on UPH because my husband hates hunting...it's just usually me and my dogs walking creeks, fencelines and terraces just trying to find some birds. I also learn so much from you all. Thanks again, BritChase.
-Cara

Back