My bitch's nipples

winchester21

Bet that title got your attention! :)
In all seriousness, my 1 year GWP finished her first heat cycle last month and her nipples are still significantly larger than they were before she came into estrus. Is this common? Will they ever go back to their normal size? I'm not so much concerned with the aesthetics as I am with her comfort and increased chaffing susceptibility.

she may be having a false pregnancy wich isnothing more than swelled nipples and sometimes a small amount of milky substance comigfom them i would take hewr to the vet to find out for sure

My Lab took almost a year before hers when down after here 1st heat cycle. You should have seen how they looked after south dakota for a week last year. They will go away it just takes time.

I love the thread title.

My female springer has a false pregnancy after every heat cycle. I just run a skid plat on her most of the fall. I use one that is open on the top and sides to keep her cool.

Hmmm. The dreaded false pregnancy! Aside from lactating nipples, is there anything else to look for? No lactation here, fortunately.

Jeffstally- what sort of skid plate do you run?

It could be a false pregnancy, but often times my gyps tits have stayed bigger after their first heat with no other signs of pregnancy. I just chalked it up to her maturing (becoming a woman I guess lol).

I have mendota skid plates for both of my Cockers and they work well. the cheapest place I found them was online at Gander mountain.

I was looking at that one and some others but it's tough to make a decision without trying them on first. What were some of the other models that you tried that you didn't like so I can avoid them?
Thanks for your info everyone.

I bought a Remington skid plate that barely survived the package opening. Then I bought a store brand one with orange on the side for visibility from Cabela's. That thing tore up pretty quick from barbed wire.

The Mendota one that I have is two years old. It has a lot of miles on it and has no tears. The color is faded but it is in good shape still.

Back