mushrooms and catfish

iowa labs

Mushrooms and catfish..more stuff to keep me out of the house and on the wifes nerves! Can't wait it's almost time!:D

Mushrooms and catfish..more stuff to keep me out of the house and on the wifes nerves! Can't wait it's almost time!:D

Yep, we're within a week or 2 here in KS. Many cats already being caught and a bit more moisture on the way for mushrooms. The nights are just right too and like you, I can hardly wait:cheers:

BTW, you got access to reasonably-priced pig nuts? It used to be a tradition of ours to throw a few of those in the fryer when we did up the fish and mushrooms, but my friends got out of the pig business last year:(

Aren't there like a gozillion sets of 'em in your fine state?

That's what I was thinking:) Maybe he don't know Mexican/Somalis so he can't ask the workers :D Maybe the workers eat them all:) I got people hunting mushrooms in the pasture all the time. Never realized how much they get for them.

Sounds like a good deal (well, the pigs might not think so . . . ).

Sorry for the late response guys. Honestly though any pig nut shortages were not caused bye me:eek:. Tasty as some people make them sound i'll have to pass.:cheers:

I know calf fries were coming out of New Zealand and the usda put a stop to it...... I use to pick up a box when in Dighton!!!! Lamb fries are very tasty as well and if you know anyone or any where let me know!! I love mushrooms, but have never tried Morrels. They do not grow here that I have found!!! Maybe someone has a honey hole here, but I just don't know. Wild asparagus is fun to look for here!!!

Yep, sorry for highjacking your thread. The mushrooms are up in KS. More moisture soon will make for a great season for those of us fortunate enough NOT TO HAVE a dang business trip that takes us out of state:mad:

When I think of IA though, I think of pigs/hogs.....an annual nut-fry (be it pork, beef, or lamb) is as deeply rooted in my culture as bird huntin'.

Bleu, my wife's family raises sheep. They cut 1 time each year. I'm not sure how many head they're cutting this year or even when they'll cut, but I will ask if they have plans for all of them or not.

Well i did make it out to do some mushroom hunting tonight. Sadly no mushrooms but after several days of rain the no maint. roads were sure fun to play on!:thumbsup:. Madison co maybe we can get out and do some shrooming this year.:cheers:

I've been finding them for two weeks now. Not great quantities, but enough to keep me happy. Had some last weekend with some crappie. Mixed some into the gravy when we baked a turkey breast too.

Well i did finally find a few shrooms. But with a busy schedule i called in help. A friend sells shrooms so i was able to go that route.:cheers:

Ive got some mushrooms showing up at my place, but not the ones I want. The morels havent arrived yet.

Back