Moving to Wyoming

BB Hunter

My fiance are moving to Laramie this coming fall for pharmacy, me being an bird hunting addict was wondering what the bird numbers are like is this area?

Thanks
Chris

I'm not sure what WYO has to offer as far as pheasants in the Laramie/Cheyenne area but CO sure has some good birds if you're willing to drive 200 miles (Sterling area). You may be able to find some east of Cheyenne and into NE as well.

Laramie area may hold some blue grouse. No pheasants that I know of. Laramie Area has great trout fishing, Elk hunting, and mule deer hunting. Try torington areas For pheasants and Waterfowl. Or as stated Nebraska or Colorado. Good Luck, at UW. :)

We're heading out on Sunday to look at where we're going to be living. Really don't know what type of environment in this location, can't wait to get there and start making hunting plans for next fall.

Thanks
Chris

We're heading out on Sunday to look at where we're going to be living. Really don't know what type of environment in this location, can't wait to get there and start making hunting plans for next fall.

Thanks
Chris

good luck:thumbsup:

Thanks
Chris[/QUOTE

Chris, Your goining into a very cold place this time of the year. Top of the world, Kind of . My grand parents lived there in Laramie. Good luck Take warm / Cold weather clothing, Because you will be at 7100 Feet of elevation, And You will be In the 3rd coldest place in WYOMING. Best of luck. I've attended the U of W. It's COLD this time of the Year. more like Arctic.:)

Thanks
Chris[/QUOTE

Chris, Your goining into a very cold place this time of the year. Top of the world, Kind of . My grand parents lived there in Laramie. Good luck Take warm / Cold weather clothing, Because you will be at 7100 Feet of elevation, And You will be In the 3rd coldest place in WYOMING. Best of luck. I've attended the U of W. It's COLD this time of the Year. more like Arctic.:)

It's gonna be chilly!!!!!! LOL Good luck!! I hope you like it!! I am not being sarcastic!!!!

Dang I better not let my lady see that or she may try finding a school here in Michigan she'd rather go to.

Thanks
Chris

Dang I better not let my lady see that or she may try finding a school here in Michigan she'd rather go to.

Thanks
Chris

Chris, No worries mate, tell Her It's bound to warm up about the end of June. LOL Best of luck. It's very pretty in the summer time. :)

Damn cold

So, My fiance' / Girlfriend lives there.... I do spend a great deal of time there.

The winter is hard, cold, and long... unless the wind blows.. then it is pure hell frozen over. - 28 this week, no wind chill included. And the wind does blow most of the time..

Bird wise, there are no pheasants around Laramie. It is a drive to Torrington where they have some area to hunt.. they also have a yearly deal around Glendo. Up North towards Montanna, closer to Cody, there are birds, actually a lot .. Was up there with the in-laws.. birds were running around all over.. that area is a farming area, with good habitat.

The school is a great though.. the town is a nice size.. and Cheyenne is 45 miles away where a person can get just about anything they need.. Ft. Collins CO is 60 miles to the South. There is a great set of mountains between Cheyenne and Laramie - Medicine Bow National Forest - they have miles and miles of trails, camping, climbing, and some fishing just 7 miles from Laramie. Big game everywhere in Wyoming.... and the beauty is, there are no people, no crowds, no waiting in line... If you like the outdoors, Wyoming is a great place... May move there myself, Colorado has gotten to be a zoo...

So, My fiance' / Girlfriend lives there.... I do spend a great deal of time there.

The winter is hard, cold, and long... unless the wind blows.. then it is pure hell frozen over. - 28 this week, no wind chill included. And the wind does blow most of the time..

Bird wise, there are no pheasants around Laramie. It is a drive to Torrington where they have some area to hunt.. they also have a yearly deal around Glendo. Up North towards Montanna, closer to Cody, there are birds, actually a lot .. Was up there with the in-laws.. birds were running around all over.. that area is a farming area, with good habitat.

The school is a great though.. the town is a nice size.. and Cheyenne is 45 miles away where a person can get just about anything they need.. Ft. Collins CO is 60 miles to the South. There is a great set of mountains between Cheyenne and Laramie - Medicine Bow National Forest - they have miles and miles of trails, camping, climbing, and some fishing just 7 miles from Laramie. Big game everywhere in Wyoming.... and the beauty is, there are no people, no crowds, no waiting in line... If you like the outdoors, Wyoming is a great place... May move there myself, Colorado has gotten to be a zoo...[/QUOTE

dam Goatman, Sssssshhhhhuuuuuusssh up. He is not kidding.

Just got back, and you guys weren't kidding, seems like a sportsman's paradise. Locals said that there isn't much for pheasants but there is quite a bit of grouse around. No body seemed to be bird hunters, but I believe that is due to the great big game hunting. I'm looking forward to the next fall and hoping to be chasing some critters.

Thanks
Chris

Back