Most vicious animal

In my Montana years, saw a lot of Griz (a couple uncomfortably close), but never had a problem & am glad of that. Had to shoot one aggressive Black Bear, but had far more hair-raising encounters with Moose. Here's my list:
Most powerful: Griz
Most viscious: Weasel, pound-for-pound
Most devastating to big game: Wolf
Most irrational: Moose
Most cunning: Coyote
Most stealthy: Cougars, Bobcat, Lynx
Most vindictive: Wolverine
Most comical: Bear cubs
Most agile: Pine Martin, Mountain Goat
Most addictive & frustrating: Pheasant
I'm fortunate to have seen all of these over my 63 years & hope to see many more of the last species on the list.

Cotton tail rabbit.... Dam things kill my apple trees. They eat the bark around the base and thats vicious.:mad: Why don't they just store some apples for winter:confused:

Weclome back FCS,

You must have been watching a little to much Monte Python and the holy grail........ LOL :D

I have been chased by a couple of badgers over the years but the one that scares the crap out of me is a pi$$ed of coon. I have seen them tear dogs up in a bad way, and when you cant see them like in cattails for instance their growl will make a grown man soil his pants in a hurry!

I like bear cubs:) I could watch the cubs pen at bear country all day.

I had a pet rabbit mean little thing took a bite of my arm left a scar 1x1 inch for life on my arm dad took care of him:D

Mnmthunting did you shoot grizzly? How did you stop it?

All the times I went out west I never seen a wild bear:mad: Even went looking for them. Probably would of S*#@ myself if I would of run into one:D Found a massive set of Elk antlers in Yellowstone good thing I didn't tie them to the roof to bring them home:eek: Warden said thats A bad thing to do:)

... and when you cant see them like in cattails for instance their growl will make a grown man soil his pants in a hurry!
I've seen a lot of mention of coons in cattails during the winter on here and always thought it was a "western thing" where trees don't exist until just about 1-1.5 months ago when my golden tried to retrieve one out of a small group of cattails. The situation sure got interesting when it turned out that there was a small group of them! :eek:

Man wouldn't have a credible challenger.
Opossum would be a challenger IMO. I was checking traps one night and had one walk right up to me.

The most vicious I've encountered was a particular Silver Laced Wyandotte rooster I purposely bought when I was young to replace a coon-killed bantam rooster. I bought him at night when he was asleep and didn't know his true nature. He wanted to fight whenever possible and no amount of kicking him back would get him to back off, even in wide open spaces! The only solution to make him stop was to catch him and put him in a pen. He was damn vicious ... though not quite as deadly as some other mentions here. :cheers:

Tigergator: head of tiger on one end; head of gator on other. Why you ask? It's so mean because it doesn't know which end to poop out of...

I like bear cubs I could watch the cubs pen at bear country all day.

I had a pet rabbit mean little thing took a bite of my arm left a scar 1x1 inch for life on my arm dad took care of him:D

Mnmthunting did you shoot grizzly? How did you stop it?

All the times I went out west I never seen a wild bear:mad: Even went looking for them. Probably would of S* myself if I would of run into one Found a massive set of Elk antlers in Yellowstone good thing I didn't tie them to the roof to bring them home:eek: Warden said thats A bad thing to do:)

Coot, we backpacked into the Bob Marchall Wilderness to hunt Elk. We were both armed with 300 WM. We left some food out. :eek: Pitch dark middle of the night, we heard the commotion, knew it was a big bear. Just like that he had the tent, pulling tearing. I had the rifle beside me. I put the stock on the ground and shot strait up, the bear left. Next morning these huge tracks everywhere.

I still remind my brother "He came VERY close to being brought back to his Wife in a bag of bear sh-- crap.

Cool stuff Guys:thumbsup:

I caught a shark a couple times 127 & 116 pounds fun to do:) Buggie boarding once two sharks swam by me 30ft or so away:eek: Coot can haul butt when scared:D

I like awesome Bill He's old but at least he's old school:) Busch Bros. only one's that got the win or crash trying attitudes are my favorites after Bill.

Lets get back on the thread subject here Gentleman. If you want to talk racing... make a new thread..........Bob

Snapping turtle took a good size chunk out of side my finger when I was a young.
Learned 2 lessons that day.

#1 Small snapping turtles bite just as hard as the big ones.

#2 Snapping turtles don't make good pets for children.

Seen a cotton tail rabbit knock a good friend of mine named John on his arse. Little fella was running from Johns hounds and he got in the way. The bunny was charging right at him. He tried to take a shot but the rabbit jumped up and used his hip as a way to change directions and John back peddled and fell on his arse. John never got a shot off and that got his name changed to Peter that day.

Good one Waggs:thumbsup:. I ran a snapping turtle over in the pasture last summer almost flipped the 4 wheeler:eek: Like the big dummy I am went back to pick it up thinking I killed it. It was alive and mad as mad can get. boy can they snap:)

Back