More Broods

I really like the idea of you guys getting pics of the habitat and what's going on.:thumbsup: I'm going to do a lot more habitat pics during my Fall adventures. Make for some interesting conversation.

I started snapping some shots this evening and deleted them. I wanted to post them but thought to myself it wouldn't interest many folks.

Think I'll give it a try next time I'm out and about and see what happens.

P.S.--I called a big rooster in about 10-15 yards from me this evening. Had him all ticked off.:D Camera was ready, went in for the flush and couldn't get him up:confused: Either gave me the slip or sat real tight. Smart old bird. Hopefully he's had a chance to spread his genes this spring:cheers:

I started snapping some shots this evening and deleted them. I wanted to post them but thought to myself it wouldn't interest many folks.

Think I'll give it a try next time I'm out and about and see what happens.

P.S.--I called a big rooster in about 10-15 yards from me this evening. Had him all ticked off.:D Camera was ready, went in for the flush and couldn't get him up:confused: Either gave me the slip or sat real tight. Smart old bird. Hopefully he's had a chance to spread his genes this spring:cheers:

Phez cuatro:) If no one else is interested in the habitat pics. I will send you my email, I would be interested.:thumbsup:

Phez cuatro:) If no one else is interested in the habitat pics. I will send you my email, I would be interested.:thumbsup:

Sounds good. You can do the same. I like looking at the diversity you have out that way. Whole different world out there (habitat).

I'm really looking forward to October (for more reasons than one obviously). Some of this stuff is full of shrubs this year which will make those fields light up with color. Can't wait. I'll see about getting some video of flushing birds too this fall.:thumbsup:

OK, back to more info about South Dakota, Broods and associated habitat...

I was elated to see that Lake Andes got an inch on rain this last Friday and Sat. My food plots are looking pathetic and very much needed this moisture. Looks like a 100 degree temp for high this next week.

This weather pattern is vastly different than last 2-3 years and much favors the natural hatch and why pheasants thrive in these conditions which I would say is more the norm in SD than last 2-3 years.

We just cut our second cutting alfalfa last night, was very happy with the amount of chicks we saw, we as well got an inch sixty a few nights ago. We always wait tiil the first week in june to put our food plots in, that way we don't have to worry about any late weeds popping up, this year it didn't work out as well because we didn't get a rain til the other right, so alot of our food plots are just starting to come up.

Back