mn fishing liscense

blackcloud27

going to minnesota for a week. whole family getting together to celebrate mom and dads 50th annv. what do you think are chances are of getting minnesota fishing licsenes? if state is still shutdown would you fish with out a licsense?

The way things are going, no you won't get a license and no I wouldn't fish without one. In Lake Of The Woods County. The county over road the state with something they passed temporary and they are allowing people to fish without one there. I bet that's going to be interesting....will the state sue the county? Time will tell

Here is the deal on MN fishing licenses. You can't buy one right now. At all.

There are still DNR Conservation Officers on patrol though. Technically they can still ticket you. I have heard of a couple of solutions lately.

1. The conservation officer on the lake where my parents are at told the local bait shop owners that whenever someone came in to buy a license that he should write down their name and the date and then sign a slip of paper that says they tried to buy a license. This conservation officer said he wouldn't ticket someone that had that on them.

2. I have also heard it said that you should find the current license rates and make a check out to the DNR for the total of the licenses. Put it in your back pocket while fishing and if you get stopped just pull it out and tell the officer you made a good faith effort to buy a license.

Don't hold me to either of these. I am not a lawyer or conservation officer and I don't play either on TV.

Im so disapointed in the state I live in right know. I just hope this does not affect the walk in program that they are trying to start.:mad:

Last edited:
No way to buy a MN fishing license.
Go fishing! You will be fined the amount of the fishing license if caught.

At least:confused: If I were a Warden; That's what I would do.:)

I will try to buy license, but if I don't get one I'm still going to fish:thumbsup: And I pitty the fool that trys to give me a Ticket:) BC they'll never catch you your boats always at the bottum of the lake anyways. When are you going to learn to put the plug in:p

The way things are going, no you won't get a license and no I wouldn't fish without one. In Lake Of The Woods County. The county over road the state with something they passed temporary and they are allowing people to fish without one there. I bet that's going to be interesting....will the state sue the county? Time will tell
A guy from the office just got back Monday from LOTW. The resort had them sign a letter of intent to buy and gave it back when they left.

Back