Mixed Bag

Looks like a real good time !!!

The fur looks like a badger ? Was he pointed ?

Nope. Saw him running the milo and the farmer traps and usually has his heelers so his dogs ran him down and the hole he found kept his head exposed. I keep my dogs away from them. My veteran dog pointed a coyote last year in some milo, heck he's pointed all sorts of critters.

Happy kid and pup from yesterday. They both had a good time.

***gun on the tailgate was unloaded for anyone wondering***

Personally I hope to never encounter a badger!

when my PP was just a pup he pointed a badger.....they were 10 yards apart, thankfully i got him to back off as soon as i saw the critter!
they will flat tear a dog up!

We got too close to one opening weekend, I think cheesy posted a picture of it here. Had a hard time keeping his 1 1/2 yr old shorthair from wading into that mess.

Here's the one from opening day. Part of me wishes I'd shot it and tube skinned it out and tanned to go with my other decor, part of me is glad I left him alone. My buddy said he wasn't growling, hissing, and spitting because he was mad, he just wanted to have his belly scratched....

View attachment 9014

Looks like a great day there, Ranger Danger.

Cheesy, my dogs had one pointed a few years back too, but I was able to grab Daisy's collar and ease backwards out of there. I was ready to shoot it if it charged, but thankfully it just cussed us and then went down its hole as we left. No way in hell I would have tried rubbing its belly. :cheers:

Back