Metrodome chaos!

birdman652001

Well I made it to Minneapolis now back in Pierre, SD just now.

figured i will be watching the game monday night. nope.. not til this morning at 5am showing the roof caving in.

if you watch it VERY CLOSE.. you will see a cart heading for cover when the roof started to cave in. if you look at the sideline on the other side, you'll see a black object zooming across the sidelines trying to take cover at the vikings locker room entrance.

two panels ripped and let down full force snow at 5am.

now I had the option to go to Detroit and get free admission or refund. I got a refund. not going to fly out to Detroit.

I'll go next year. The metrodome HAS to either put up a NEW roof OR build a SOLID roof OR build a new stadium. now since U of MINN already got a NEW one, i doubt the Vikings will get a new stadium.. worst off, they could go to LA for their HOME place.

Last edited:
I'll go next year. The metrodome HAS to either put up a NEW roof OR build a SOLID roof OR build a new stadium. now since U of MINN already got a NEW one, i doubt the Vikings will get a new stadium.. worst off, they could go to LA for their HOME place.

Football stadiums shouldn't have a dome... playing in inclement weather is part of the game!

On a side note, the Giants had to stay in Kansas City overnight, and someone pulled the fire alarm at the hotel they were staying in at 5 a.m. I'd say it was a Vikings fan. :D

Well I made it to Minneapolis now back in Pierre, SD just now.

Didn't know you were from Pierre. Just got back in Minneapolis from Sioux Falls. Was out there for the state of SD funded xmas party with Lawrence & Schiller. I drank my share of Coors Lights on the state. LOL. I'll be in Pierre for Daugaard Inauguration party on Jan 8th. The benefit of seeing a woman from the tourism department... :thumbsup:

Didn't know you were from Pierre. Just got back in Minneapolis from Sioux Falls. Was out there for the state of SD funded xmas party with Lawrence & Schiller. I drank my share of Coors Lights on the state. LOL. I'll be in Pierre for Daugaard Inauguration party on Jan 8th. The benefit of seeing a woman from the tourism department... :thumbsup:

Im originally from Winner, SD. wife's job relocated me to pierre as I was transferable as a federal police officer then i got a job in ag services bc it was less risk and i was home more.

is that at the ramkota?

my nephew and his wife got a christmas present from her parents for the game..they drove up there then found out the roof collapsed and came back home

Well they might as well just play on the road at the other teams places, and just let MN have the $, home field is kind of pointless any way. They have a real mess to deal with all around with this organization. Too bad because Zig is a first rate owner, he does not deserve whats being dished out to him in MN. I am wondering if this will give him an out, from MN:(

Im originally from Winner, SD. wife's job relocated me to pierre as I was transferable as a federal police officer then i got a job in ag services bc it was less risk and i was home more. is that at the ramkota?

Do you miss the police work or do you like Ag service better? I hunted with a couple of guys in Hamill on the Governor's hunt that were troopers from Pierre. Yep, Ramkota: http://transition.sd.gov/Inaugural.aspx

Do you miss the police work or do you like Ag service better? I hunted with a couple of guys in Hamill on the Governor's hunt that were troopers from Pierre. Yep, Ramkota: http://transition.sd.gov/Inaugural.aspx

there are days i miss being an officer. somedays i wish i could just drive trucks.. but the money for being an applicator is very nice. which is way better than the police work.. however with applicator.. need to be careful not to kill trees or crops for that matter that isnt the target.

a 4th panel broke. the Un of Minn will host the Bears vs Vikings game this weekend. vikings arent used to playing in the cold. this is going to be interesting. Bears are used to playing in the cold. they will stomp on the vikings bad.

Back