Merry Christmas

gsh lover

Merry Christmas to all fellow uplanders.
May your dogs find you many birds,
May your gun shoot straight,
But, mostly, May the you enjoy the REASON for the season.

:cheers:

Merry Christmas.
Happy Holidays to all of you guys and gals out there. May your Holiday season be filled with joy, love, family, friends and great dogs!

-CB

From those of us who live too far to make it often to Kansas thank you for the posts, and especially the pictures. There's something about being able to connect once you have had a similar experience. I still feel the thrill of the hunt, anticipation of the trip, smell of the clean air, and the biting cold of the wind as that frozen snow crunches underfoot. I can remember being so tired I could hardly put one foot in front of another, cleaning the birds with hands so cold they hardly bend, glasses fogged, frozen water, stuck in a ditch, missing an easy shot, dead batteries, scalding drinks, and cold sandwiches all come to mind. If you mention these things to a non hunter they look at you like you need to be committed. And maybe we do! And on top of that we have to pay for it, after driving all day. But it's not about the birds we bring home, or the abuse we take, but the freedom to be out away from it all for a short time and experiencing the great outdoors. It's being with your good friends, human and furry, and satisfying what must be a gene that we carry that demands we return to the land as it has been and will be, hopefully, for a long time to come. It's about good relationships, sportsmanship, preserving a heritage that needs to be supported for those that follow. So, whether you get out once or more be grateful that you had the privilege. MERRY CHRISTMAS

I hope everyone has a merry Christmas. Enjoy your family and friends and send up a prayer for those who cant be with theirs while they keep us safe and free.

SAS...touching post - thanks for writing and Happy Holiday's to you and yours.

Stay warm!

Jon

Back