Meat Handling on the Road

Same.

Completely skin the bird, leaving the gray part of lower leg with spur. We leave both legs attached until after skinning. Then cut off the lower foot that is attached to the leg in the worst condition (cut one off before skinning, then come to find out the upper leg is shot to heck and the other lower leg falls off, then you’re no longer in compliance.).

You can then “hyperextend” the remaining leg/foot to kind of break that joint so it all folds up nice in the bag.
Tmi

Here's a abbreviation and advice. Any one on here that need to call people names should TNTSYBL....look it up, you never stopped to think goose is about half real and half fake and keeps you guessing what half your dealing with at any time???

It’s not that complicated…if we, as participants on a website like this one, can’t be decent, and tolerant, and considerate of other users, then there will be conflict. It’s OK to disagree, it’s a matter of how it’s done…if it NEEDS to be done. Proclaiming “TMI” regarding a very helpful reply to the original question of this thread is a head scratcher at best, and an asshole move in all reality. We all knew people like Goose (“knew”…it was decades ago, those kids generally matured and grew out of that phase). The joke is probably on us; Goose, as I’ve theorized here before, is perhaps a PhD in sociology or psychology and he’s conducting experiments concerning social media. Dunno. I know this, if he acted like that in real life, he’d never be welcome in my hunting camp. He‘s probably a decent guy, not sure how being a jerk consistently enriches ones existence? Like I said earlier, he’s seeking attention, just like the kid in class that couldn‘t/wouldn‘t follow the rules.

I’ve learned a lot from websites like this, hopefully have shared some info that has helped others, have been alerted to great deals on ammo, have made friends that mean a lot to me, etc…it’s generally a positive experience, and a source of enjoyment. Not that tough to blend in and be a (mostly) positive participant. Stay safe and have a good season…much to be thankful for if we’re able to traipse around with our favorite guns, dogs, and friends…🍻🥳

Last edited:
Yep the jokes definitely on you i think
I hope so, he’s funny…but the problem is in this venue of people visiting with varying degrees of intensity he rubs many the wrong way, as they’re not aware of his running character…if it’s “schtick”, it’s funny…would enjoy meeting the trio of Goose, the nephew, and the cousin…seeing them on a game cam, actually. The joke may be on me with Goose, but there’s still some validity to my points IMO…others may disagree. Different boards have different rules, different participants, etc..this place seems to devolve fairly easily at times. Still a good place to visit…

Ever notice that the Goose pops up around the time things get a little boring around here? I'm wondering if Goose is actually Webguy. When things get boring he hops on, talks some smack and sits back and chuckles???

As a newbie here, for the first few days of reading before i joined, i thought he was someone on here trolling as every post seemed to attack someone to provoke something or act like he "wasnt quite there". Then i saw how long he has been a member and was genuinely confused.. still am to be honest. I will be nice though, seems to be the only one acting like that here which is refreshing.. a handful of members acting like that would make this board unbearable and I never would have joined and certainly would not be participating currently.

As a newbie here, for the first few days of reading before i joined, i thought he was someone on here trolling as every post seemed to attack someone to provoke something or act like he "wasnt quite there". Then i saw how long he has been a member and was genuinely confused.. still am to be honest. I will be nice though, seems to be the only one acting like that here which is refreshing.. a handful of members acting like that would make this board unbearable and I never would have joined and certainly would not be participating currently.
Welcome, glad you joined…good to have new perspectives around here…👍🍺

Ever notice that the Goose pops up around the time things get a little boring around here? I'm wondering if Goose is actually Webguy. When things get boring he hops on, talks some smack and sits back and chuckles???
Yeah, but I truly do not like big game hunters, and dog trailers.Sorry about that tmi comment, I think I read it wrong.We are all good guys, and some of my comments are tongue in cheek.My cousin does shoot hens, but his eyesight is terrible.My nephew is a poor shot at best, but last season he did well on his 4 days of yearly hunting.

Back