Making my Second trip to SD

The two that got away

One of those weekends, My German short hair went on point and these two jumped up out of the weed patch and I missed... Later in the day they decided to show up in the back yard and rub it in a little.... The joys of living in South Dakota. Establish Habitat and let nature do the rest. SDviking

Not seeing Bucks in Rut yet

Weather has just been too warm for the bucks to get fired up yet. Good deer numbers in the Pot Hole region of South Dakota. At least where the farmers have left good habitat. Increasing numbers of deer getting hit on the roads too. Habitat in SD is changing though. Just drive up I29 and you will notice more and more farmers are farming fence row to fence row and tilling the ground black as soon as crop is harvested. Not a lot of habitat in some areas. Habitat does cost money, but without it the wildlife is gone. Have a successful hunt. SDViking

Got back Thursday from SODAK,

Had an amazing time as always, Best bird numbers weve seen for sure.

The public land that had cattails was loaded with birds.

We got access to a lake to duck hunt and had a smackdown.

overall an amazing trip, ended with 30-40 pheasant, 20-25 ducks, and a few bonus bunnies.

we found some excellent public land that took just a little work to hunt and the birds were there.:10sign:

Back