Loyall Dog food

Loyall is a good solid feed. I fed it for 3 years, until they jacked the price in one year from $26.99/40lbs. to $37.99 for 40lbs. Dogs did great on it. It would be near the top of my list if the price was still competitive.

I can often find some $5 coupons which enable me to get the Professional blend for around $35 for fifty pounds. My dogs have done well on it, 50-pound pointers take two cups per day in the off-season, maybe three cups when they're working hard. Teeth stay clean, stools are small and solid, coats look nice. (Both of my dogs shed a lot, but after five or six foods I've come to the conclusion that they're going to shed no matter what I feed them.)

I've been using it for well over a year and am very content with it.

I have my dogs back on the active adult. Stool is good and dogs healthy. Do not over feed...they will gain weight.

I looked at the website and food comparisones. I was really suprised to see the food I feed being only a 3 star rating. I feed Purina Pro Plan High Performance, and can honestly say all the positive things mentioned above. Energy and endurance seems real good also, but I really have nothing to compare to. I've tried other foods and have not had the all around results received from PPHP. A 40lb bag will last my 45lb GSP for about 5 weeks, thats 2 cups per day @ $47.00 per bag. I'd be open to trying something else but Im afraid of losing the benefits I currently see in my dog. Im always open to suggestions.

I don't put much faith into that website, as I suspect it is composed by blue-haired ladies who put sweaters on their dogs. As far as the grain-free issue, it seems to be somewhat exaggerated. There a millions of dogs doing find on foods that include grain, and from what I've been told, most allergies are to the protein source rather than the grains. I've had no problems with ear infections since I've been feeding Loyall, and the chronic anal gland problems one of the dogs had while on other foods have since disappeared. My guess is that different dogs do well on different foods. Experiment with a few, find one the works for your dog and your budget, and then stick with it.

Cargill is in the business of making money off corn, period. If they could figure out how to incorporate more corn into our diets they would.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I'm not mistaken, the only corn that shows up in the Loyall I feed is corn gluten, which is the sixth or seventh ingredient.

So Cargill is an evil company because they sell products containing corn? That might raise the eyebrows of some of the farmers who post here. Are those guys part of the conspiracy?

I'll say it again. Find a food that works for your dog, and your budget, and stick with it.

So then what about Country Vet, they have corn in thiers a close food to loyall, but the lastest field champion from Mizzo, that t=dog was on a corn based food country vet

If I'm not mistaken, the only corn that shows up in the Loyall I feed is corn gluten, which is the sixth or seventh ingredient.

So Cargill is an evil company because they sell products containing corn? That might raise the eyebrows of some of the farmers who post here. Are those guys part of the conspiracy?

I'll say it again. Find a food that works for your dog, and your budget, and stick with it.
Cargill is in the corn business and dog food gives them a place to utilize the worst parts of the kernel. They aren't evil, just using my tax dollars on things I didn't vote for.

Back