Lots of hunters

you have apps like OnX that make finding places to hunt more accessible. Then the states also advertise to out of state hunters with there walk in programs. Plus Montana is beautiful and has wild birds. I have been a few times never to hunt but I would love to come out swing my dick and bag a few birds.

They should lower the bag limits and raise the price on out of state hunters. That will cut down on the amount of hunters and increase income. The block management land owners get paid per hunter that should be stopped however they should be compensated in some other way.

They should lower the bag limits and raise the price on out of state hunters. That will cut down on the amount of hunters and increase income. The block management land owners get paid per hunter that should be stopped however they should be compensated in some other way.
Nope, your wrong again....

The block program is probably the best run private land open to the public program of any state. If you have habitat and corresponding game you get more hunters. If you have crappy habitat you won’t get as many hunters. I do think that MT will have to go the way of their neighbors to the east and give nonresidents a limited time license rather than the whole season.

The block program is probably the best run private land open to the public program of any state. If you have habitat and corresponding game you get more hunters. If you have crappy habitat you won’t get as many hunters. I do think that MT will have to go the way of their neighbors to the east and give nonresidents a limited time license rather than the whole season.
Like I've said before on the limited license, there are out of state hunters around my area, the 1st 2 weeks of the season, pretty much as soon as the general big game season starts till end of season, it's resident out of town hunters. Also the block management program is heavily funded with out of state license funds, you limit licenses, 2 things could happen, 1st 2 weeks will be overrun with hunters and block management could take a hit. I think Montana should give the residents the 1st week of the season. I also have no problem if they decide to limit non residents, but follow North and South Dakota with you can buy as many 2 week licenses you want, state gets the $'s. I also think they should take the bird license off of the non res big game combo, I think those #'s really screw up the actual non res bird hunting #'s, most guys coming for elk are not ever hunting birds.

Like I've said before on the limited license, there are out of state hunters around my area, the 1st 2 weeks of the season, pretty much as soon as the general big game season starts till end of season, it's resident out of town hunters. Also the block management program is heavily funded with out of state license funds, you limit licenses, 2 things could happen, 1st 2 weeks will be overrun with hunters and block management could take a hit. I think Montana should give the residents the 1st week of the season. I also have no problem if they decide to limit non residents, but follow North and South Dakota with you can buy as many 2 week licenses you want, state gets the $'s. I also think they should take the bird license off of the non res big game combo, I think those #'s really screw up the actual non res bird hunting #'s, most guys coming for elk are not ever hunting birds.
Those big game hunters are a bunch of hacks.U run into them all the time.

Goose every so often you say something that I agree with, followed by a WTF statement. If you happen to see a vehicle on the Hi line this fall with Alaska plates stop and I will share a brew with you. It will not be thatPBR crap though.

Back