Lost dog

Dakotazeb

Anyone know of someone that may have lost a Brittany south of Presho, SD? My daughter lives in Presho and told me about it. Apparently a farmer found it running loose with no collar. They have notified the local vet and a family is keeping it until the owner is found. They think it may have been running loose for a while because it was quite thin.

No collar, probably not wanted and dropped off. Sad but they do it.

I know it happens. Too bad those responsible can't be caught. They should lose all hunting privileges for life.

Hitting a dog, being cruel to a dog,is inexcusable.Only idiots do this, and karma will get them, to be sure.

Hitting a dog, being cruel to a dog,is inexcusable.Only idiots do this, and karma will get them, to be sure.
Could be, but I don't run dogs in the field with a collar. In fact, other than training collars, setup to break away, my dogs never wear collars. I know the risk is much higher that I will come home and find a dog hanging than in one of them running away. Hope you find the owner, if not, their loss, someone out there will take him in. If not, I will. Just get ahold of me.

My regular tagged collars hitting against the collar makes a lot of noise. I usually run my dogs with just the collar on. I suppose if it came off AND they ran away , they might be found collarless. My setter drops weight incredibly fast on a hunt. May not be a drop off.

They have checked in Presho and the surrounding communities and there has been no report of anyone missing a dog. Looking more and more like a drop off. On a positive note, the farm family that found her has taken a liking to her and will provide her will a good home if it comes to that.

I can't imagine running a hunting dog in the field without some kind of identification. The collars I buy from Gun Dog Supply have a brass tag riveted to the collar with my name, city and phone numbers. You can also purchase identification tags that will fit on e-collars, etc.

If I want more stealth mode I will tape the tags, either together or to the collar with clear tape. Tags are still there, can be seen and read and are quiet.

Yup, that's what I do, name and number on the collar with a Sharpie, less stuff hanging to catch on.

Back