Lost dog NE Topeka area

RockChalkGSP

Hoping I can get some huge help from the Topeka area members on here; my GSP Rock Chalk took off on Christmas day while we were out of town for a few hours and has not returned or been seen since. I have his picture on a lot of my Facebook friends pages, have scoured the neighborhood and asked countless people. No luck. I am afraid that someone "stole" him and has decided to keep him for themselves. He is an awesome dog but he is also a pet and my daughters are beside themselves that he is gone. If anyone can help me please call!

He was last seen Christmas Day near NE 62nd and Indian Creek road. We live in the area, he has taken off before but has always returned within a couple hours. If you have seen him please call me.

Mike

Hello RockChalkGSP,

I do not live in your area but a tip. Put out his dogbox where you last saw him with a piece of your clothing-not laundered. If he is in the area he will return to the box. Old coonhunter showed me this!:)

I don't know his age, but he may have wandered off-confused. Good luck with your search. Also, check for any females in heat in the area.

More than likely he's within a few blocks of were he was last seen. To many people pick up poor overweight strays in the name of a good deed. I had a neighbor pick mine up behind me and one house over. It took him 4 days to post it on craig'slist, WTF.

duck I appreciate it; I have a craigslist ad up and have a lost dog ad in the Topeka paper starting tomorrow. I hope it pays off.

Been there. The wondering and waiting can be torture. I hope you find your dog.:eek: From the pic he looks spoiled and happy.

My Vizsla was once picked up (stolen) from my house. I let my dogs out to run a couple times a day and this was on a weekend so I let him run extra long alone, and apparantly someone picked him up. Anyway, he escaped from that person (who bought him a brand new collar) and ended up in SW Topeka by West Ridge mall in an old ladies house. She was feeding him steak and letting him sleep on her bed! She loved him!

Needless to say I think he was a bit bummed to have to return home to dog food!

Good luck to you, I hope it turns out for the better.

Not wanting to detract from the thread, or Monday morning quarterback at all, but please guys, put your name and phone numbers on the dogs collar. If it is a legitimate lost dog rather than stolen, it'll improve your odds of getting the dog back. I buy my collars from NiteLite, heavy duty leather, 4 lines of text on the nameplate, like $9. I've got my name and number and my wifes name and number on my GSP.

Again, not wanting to come off the wrong way, just hoping to help somebody else out in the future.

Not wanting to detract from the thread, or Monday morning quarterback at all, but please guys, put your name and phone numbers on the dogs collar. If it is a legitimate lost dog rather than stolen, it'll improve your odds of getting the dog back. I buy my collars from NiteLite, heavy duty leather, 4 lines of text on the nameplate, like $9. I've got my name and number and my wifes name and number on my GSP.

Again, not wanting to come off the wrong way, just hoping to help somebody else out in the future.

Good ideas. I put a tag with my cell phone number on it on my dog's collar.

That is part of the shit of it; he has a wireless fence radio collar on, (which obviously failed) although no name or number as it is a "new" collar since his previous collar broke.

I am hoping someone will see the radio collar on him and realize he is not a stray and try and find his home. To this point have not heard a thing. Which worries me that he has been snatched.

Not sure if you have checked with your local dog rescues and if you have animal controls shelters you may want to check there too. That is if you have not already? There are allot of rescues that will take dogs in and consider them a "stray". You may want to keep an eye on Petfinder.com too.

Rock Chalk,

I sure hope this deal turns out okay. Dogs can get away from us so fast; I get little twinges of fear when I'm out hunting, or just walking my dog in cover, and she's out of my sight for more than 30 seconds.

It's none of my business so no need to reply, but if earlier you paid a vet to embed a micro-chip in your dog, then if the worst has actually happened he could have been stolen by some dipshit bubba who's ignorant of micro-chips. Or, stolen and then sold to an unsuspecting buyer who doesn't know or suspect that a tiny micro-chip lies buried inside the dog's body.

Point being, at some point your dog may need medical attention, or he might be caught by Animal Control and taken to an animal shelter. Vets and shelter operators will scan all new dogs for the presence of a micro-chip. It's done electronically and the system is linked to a national database.

When a chipped dog disappears, its owner reports the dog missing/stolen. Next, if the dog gets taken to a clinic or shelter it gets scanned and Bingo! another "hot" dog gets impounded. You are quickly notified of the dog's whereabouts because you are the owner of record (per micro-chip registration).

(I might also add that it's possible the person who brought the dog to the vet's office or shelter soon finds himself/herself being transported downtown in irons.)

So if your dog hasn't been "chipped" and you're lucky enough to get him back, I suggest having him chipped ASAP after return. The procedure doesn't hurt the dog and it's not expensive; might set you back the price of a couple bags of good dog food.

Hello RockChalkGSP,

I do not live in your area but a tip. Put out his dogbox where you last saw him with a piece of your clothing-not laundered. If he is in the area he will return to the box. Old coonhunter showed me this!:)

I don't know his age, but he may have wandered off-confused. Good luck with your search. Also, check for any females in heat in the area.

This has worked twice for me but after short period of time(same day).

Rock Chalk,

I sure hope this deal turns out okay. Dogs can get away from us so fast; I get little twinges of fear when I'm out hunting, or just walking my dog in cover, and she's out of my sight for more than 30 seconds.

It's none of my business so no need to reply, but if earlier you paid a vet to embed a micro-chip in your dog, then if the worst has actually happened he could have been stolen by some dipshit bubba who's ignorant of micro-chips. Or, stolen and then sold to an unsuspecting buyer who doesn't know or suspect that a tiny micro-chip lies buried inside the dog's body.

Point being, at some point your dog may need medical attention, or he might be caught by Animal Control and taken to an animal shelter. Vets and shelter operators will scan all new dogs for the presence of a micro-chip. It's done electronically and the system is linked to a national database.

When a chipped dog disappears, its owner reports the dog missing/stolen. Next, if the dog gets taken to a clinic or shelter it gets scanned and Bingo! another "hot" dog gets impounded. You are quickly notified of the dog's whereabouts because you are the owner of record (per micro-chip registration).

(I might also add that it's possible the person who brought the dog to the vet's office or shelter soon finds himself/herself being transported downtown in irons.)

So if your dog hasn't been "chipped" and you're lucky enough to get him back, I suggest having him chipped ASAP after return. The procedure doesn't hurt the dog and it's not expensive; might set you back the price of a couple bags of good dog food.

He is chipped and I have reported him missing; done all the steps necessary to have him returned if he shows up at a shelter or vet. I worry that a vet won't automatically scan him though if someone brings him in for any treatment or checkup. I would guess only if who ever would bring him in wanted to chip him themselves.

Still hoping he returns but each day lessens my optimism.

lost dog

He is chipped and I have reported him missing; done all the steps necessary to have him returned if he shows up at a shelter or vet. I worry that a vet won't automatically scan him though if someone brings him in for any treatment or checkup. I would guess only if who ever would bring him in wanted to chip him themselves.

Still hoping he returns but each day lessens my optimism.

A friend had his 2 labs stolen from his back yard several years ago. He did get one back two years later when it was scanned by a vet.

Hope something turns up soon! Best wishes!

Any update??

Still nothing; been well over a month now. Quite sure someone decided they needed him more than my family.

Hoping he is scanned someday and get to see him again.

Back