Looking to buy a pup.

94NDTA

Looking for a good breeder in ND for almost any type of dog, but mainly looking for another English setter. Any good breeders in Nd, sd or mn greatly appreciated for suggestions.

Not in the area or states you mentioned but not far away is Morris Gun Dogs out of Manhattan KS. Jeff breeds and trains some fine setter pups and I'm a GSP guy myself. Give him a look he's on the internet or Facebook too I believe.

Corey

Do you have a dog from them? We love pheasant hunting, but realistically care more about it's other traits the most. For the 340 days a year we are not hunting, I would prefer to not have a dog that is full throttle all the time. One of the reasons we have been looking at a Ryman/old hemlock style setter instead.

What say you?

I do not have a Berg Bro dog. But I have hunted with several, and know several other avid knowledgeable hunters that have them.

These are going to be higher power dogs (faster, bigger running) than you will have with the Ryman type setters. Not that there is anything wrong with the Ryman dogs, they are just a different style.

I don't know how far they are from you, but if you can you would learn a lot about the dogs if you go to see them.

I got a Setter from Berg Bros. It is not one of their dogs but one they took in from a breeder that got cancer and quickly passed away. I would highly recommend them. Their facility is incredible.

Ended up getting a pup from setter hills in Willmar. Jan and Alyssa were great. My father wanted to go back to a Ryman style, and I think we went to the right place. She is an absolute sweetheart, and will see plenty of birds.

I will say this, I don't think I have seen a setter breeder recommended more that berg bros. If I wanted that style again I would jump at it in a heart beat.

Last edited:
Back