Looking for advice...Grouse, Chicken, Huns

Roadside Inc

Gentlemen,

We have been hunting in Potter County for 6 years now. This will be a couple of the older guys last hoorah and we are really wanting to branch out and try something a little different. We have been playing with the idea of going across the river and getting a guide to help us get a mixed bag. We dont need a place to stay or fine dining experience. We are just old bird hunters that love to watch good dogs work and the opportunity to burn a little powder! Does anyone have experience with any guides over in that area or could someone recommend a lodge? Anything from Whitehorse, Promise, Forest City, Mobridge etc. Done really want to drive more that 1.5hr each way, but if the hunting is good I could be persuaded. Thanks for the help!

I can't tell you the guides name, but there is a group of guys I know who head to Pierre a few days before pheasant season and hunt sharpies and chickens with a guide from Pierre...about $100 per gun per day...they get birds, I know because I cook them for them!

If you had a number I would absolutely give him a call! It's a great drive from Hoven to Pierre

Been hunting the Hoven /Tolstoy area for 25 years and will be again this year--
See a few Huns and sharps on occasion--but never in numbers to make it worth hunting them--
Despite the distance have seen many more in the grasslands/Meadow Creek area when hunting there plus lots af public land
Pierre and west also good idea

Back