Looking for a thread on SD

Hutcho

****Not a hotspot post*****

Ok now that that's out of the way. I got a short trip coming up to SD this year and I remember seeing someone made a really long post about some areas or kind of what to look for up that way. But for the life of me I can't find it now. I'm not sure if it was here or Facebook but I would like to find it and read up some before I ask a bunch of questions that have most likely been asked a thousand times. Especially this time of year. Thanks in advance guys.

****Not a hotspot post*****

Ok now that that's out of the way. I got a short trip coming up to SD this year and I remember seeing someone made a really long post about some areas or kind of what to look for up that way. But for the life of me I can't find it now. I'm not sure if it was here or Facebook but I would like to find it and read up some before I ask a bunch of questions that have most likely been asked a thousand times. Especially this time of year. Thanks in advance guys.
Have you looked on the South Dakota tab on this site Or used Search

I remember that thread but can't find it either- I recall it went along with postings from GoldenHour/JCW Outdoors videos on intro to SD public lands:

I remember that thread but can't find it either- I recall it went along with postings from GoldenHour/JCW Outdoors videos on intro to SD public lands:

I'm just glad someone else remembers it lol! I had a gut feeling it was goldenshour that posted it but I wasn't for sure....

My opinion on 3 hunting trips to South Dakota over 40 years, is bring lots of cash, if you want to get on good private land.Im against people charging money to hunt.

Oh ok since you put it like that. So mr self righteous, tell me what the difference is between a pheasant grown and fed by a farmer and a cow he has raised? Should he give the cow away too? Point is it’s his land he can do what he wants with it. Come up with something new. We all understand your views on pay hunting, dog kennels and retards.
Tom: Are you healed??

Here's one difference, the farmer owns the cattle. Pheasants that are wild or those that are pen raised and released are the property of the State, period, and owned by no individual. The farmer may own the land but they do not own the pheasants!!

Here's one difference, the farmer owns the cattle. Pheasants that are wild or those that are pen raised and released are the property of the State, period, and owned by no individual. The farmer may own the land but they do not own the pheasants!!
I understand that, but if you’re not buying the pheasants but you are buying access to their property. The game is a bonus to the access. You don’t get your money back if you don’t get game

Renting property for a day, camp ground, boat launch, big game hunting etc. All the same to me, pay as you go. Imagine hunting in Europe??
Give me the USA.

Renting property for a day, camp ground, boat launch, big game hunting etc. All the same to me, pay as you go. Imagine hunting in Europe??
Give me the USA.
That's why bird hunting in Europe has never been much interesting to me. It seems like all the books I've read and sporting magazines they pump it up like it's some great rare wonderful thing. McIntosh for sure, I think Steve Smith, lots of other authors wrote about driven shooting as though it's the pinnacle of the sport. Sure, if Lord Butterbean called me and invited me to a driven shoot I'd be interested. But in my opinion that can't even hold a candle to hunting wild birds on the large tracts of land we are lucky to have here. Earning every bird you shoot, that's the way to do it in my opinion.

Here's one difference, the farmer owns the cattle. Pheasants that are wild or those that are pen raised and released are the property of the State, period, and owned by no individual. The farmer may own the land but they do not own.
That's why bird hunting in Europe has never been much interesting to me. It seems like all the books I've read and sporting magazines they pump it up like it's some great rare wonderful thing. McIntosh for sure, I think Steve Smith, lots of other authors wrote about driven shooting as though it's the pinnacle of the sport. Sure, if Lord Butterbean called me and invited me to a driven shoot I'd be interested. But in my opinion that can't even hold a candle to hunting wild birds on the large tracts of land we are lucky to have here. Earning every bird you shoot, that's the way to do it in my opinion.
Yes, don't pay, and hunt with honor.

Back