Looking for a left hand Pheasant gun

All 37 safeties are the same size aren’t they? My 20 and 12 use the same size. Easy to order a LH safety.
Yes, they are all the same size. I had 3 model 37's at one time, a 12ga., 16ga., & 20ga. I had all 3 converted to left hand safeties. I ordered the left hand safeties directly from Ithaca Gun Company. I sold the 12ga. but still have the 16 & 20.

I have a vintage (very "vintage") 16, with a gauge-specific frame. I still don't have a LH safety to fit (kind of put it on the back burner after some futile attempts) but would appreciate the information if someone has a source. Good to go on my 12 - I ordered it new from Ohio with LH in place.

Yes, they are all the same size. I had 3 model 37's at one time, a 12ga., 16ga., & 20ga. I had all 3 converted to left hand safeties. I ordered the left hand safeties directly from Ithaca Gun Company. I sold the 12ga. but still have the 16 & 20.
Thanks! Is this the Ohio firm? My search efforts took place during the NY shutdown, but before the Ohio guys launched so this is very helpful, much appreciated.

I have a call in to the Ohio guys but DuckDuck'ed this from the 16g forum, so not so sure -this may be what my smith had in mind when he declined the task:

I think the misconception of two different frame sizes for the 16 and the 20 comes from the wider range of exterior dimension tolerances that were allowed on the earliest guns. The recievers of the oldest model 37 guns were forged differently than the post 1960 frames. More draw filing and less finish machining was done to bring them into tolerance so they differ a bit from gun to gun more than later guns. Measuring a couple of pre-1950 frames of either gauge will not produce enough data to prove this argument one way or another. I've personally measured a few early 16 ga frames that were the same size as the 20 ga guns and a few that were several thousanths bigger in height. the widths of these frames are about the same. If there was any reason for removing more steel from the 20 ga frame, it was to reduce the weight of the gun a bit more. This had nothing to do with strength or structural integrity. The later guns I've measured are far more uniform externally and for all intents and purposes, are the same size frame from the outside.

Talked to them (Ithaca) yesterday. Outstanding service, as usual. One suggestion: do NOT visit their website unless you have a bit of spare cash.
The 28g M37 with super great wood and fancy receiver they have pictured on their home page will make you think impure thoughts. Fellow there
(Ken, was it) told me they aren't selling but about one a week and wouldn't mind selling more. Wonder if they take bids........

Just found this forum after doing a search for left hand shotguns. I have a safe full of right hand semi's and a couple of break actions, but have always wanted a lefty in something other than 12 ga. After a total of 6 shoulder surgeries, 4 on my left and 2 on my right, I started looking in the 20 and 28 ga range. Beretta has the a400 Action in lefty but only in 12 ga. Benelli I think has the Montefeltro in 20 ga but only in black plastic and I think the M2 in lefty chambered maybe for 12 and 20, again only in plastic stock. The price tag of the O/U and SxS models keep me from looking that way.
If someone has found something in 20 or 28 dressed in something other than plastic, I would really like to know.
Ruger

Back