Looking for a left hand Pheasant gun

I finally ordered my new gun. Went with a Fabarm initial hunter L4S 26" left handed. I heard some good reviews on it and saw a right hand version in the store. It should be in at the shop in a week.

Gerald B

I finally ordered my new gun. Went with a Fabarm initial hunter L4S 26" left handed. I heard some good reviews on it and saw a right hand version in the store. It should be in at the shop in a week.

I am thinking about the same gun, only wish they would build it in a 20 or 28. But as things are right now in Italy, you are lucky to get what you can get. I cant stand the plastic stocked guns. I have done a boat load of looking for this coming season and only find the Fabarm with a wood stock lefty.

Gerald the montefeltro by benelli is also a wood stock lefty gun. I also believe beretta has an a400 version that is wood stocked for a lefty. That being said I believe they are all 12 gauge only for the left hand. I received the last L4S initial hunter in left hand 26" that was in the warehouse in maryland. I shot it tonight for the first time, 2 rounds of trap. I'll have to put more shells through it before I can post a thorough review. It's a really light semi-auto, which is why I chose it for pheasant hunting.

Gerald B

Gerald the montefeltro by benelli is also a wood stock lefty gun. I also believe beretta has an a400 version that is wood stocked for a lefty. That being said I believe they are all 12 gauge only for the left hand. I received the last L4S initial hunter in left hand 26" that was in the warehouse in maryland. I shot it tonight for the first time, 2 rounds of trap. I'll have to put more shells through it before I can post a thorough review. It's a really light semi-auto, which is why I chose it for pheasant hunting.

Bob,
Benelli made the Montefeltro in a 20 ga lefty wood stock till 2018 when I think it was discontinued. They do still put out the 12ga but not really interested in that and yes the a400 is also a 12ga only in lefty. My shoulders are trash from 4 surgeries on my left and 2 on my right. That is why I am looking for a 20ga gas gun in particular. I tried the M2. Handed it right back after three shots. Did not like the way it looked or felt.
I have tried the BPS and Ithaca 37. Liked the 37 but it just aint what I wanted. Tried several O/U models. Found one I could afford that came cast on for LH shooters. That story is PM material.
Guess I will just use one of my old RH guns again. Having a nice wood stock, left hand semi has just been somewhat of a dream gun for me, that dont really seem to exist. As my Grand Pa used to tell me, " Boy, you big enough for your wants not to hurt you". I have several older RH 20 and 28 semi guns. I sure wont miss a season cause I aint got that gun.

A 20 can kick you harder than a 12. Gauge has nothing to do with it, just weight and speed of the load fired. And weight of the gun. Federal has 12 gauge loads less than an ounce.