Looking for a German Shorthair Puppy

I think this is the year I add another GSP to our family since Orley is 10 this year and would be great to have help me train the new pup.

Does anyone know of any GSP litters now or coming this year? I have been talking to a breeder out in Nevada how will have pups available in August just not looking forward to the 16 hour drive one way if I choose them.

Thanks

Friend of mine has a litter to be born any time. But he is in Kansas City, MO. Still a good drive for ya.

This will be a fine Litter!! Summer of 16, so better hurry to see how many may be spoken for already.http://outlandergsp.com/litters/

OGSP_Contact3_zps58pm9nj6.png

Last edited:
I run my Brittany in NSTRA field trials. On my way back from Arizona last month I stopped in Colorado for a trial. I couldn't believe how many GSP's there were. It seems like almost everyone from Colorado was running a GSP. There has to be some good GSP's in that area. Here is the web site for the Rocky Mountain Region (Colorado) of NSTRA. Take a look at the contacts on the home page. I would contact Mark Pace and maybe Chris Cooperrider.

http://www.rockymtnnstra.com/

The trial I was at was held at Steel Fork Pheasants LLC by Rush, CO. You could also contact Andy at Steel Fork.

I'm sure if you talk to these guys (especially Mark Pace) you will get some leads on some good GSP's in your area. Good luck!

OUTLANDER used to be here in Colorado, but has sinced moved to Wyo...Great lines that love the water and field...With that said there are more than a few good breeders here.Some are better than others if you are looking for certain qualities and traits in a specific line.

Thanks for the info, I have looked into most of the kennels in the area and neighboring states, I have reached out to some of them about their litters but have not made a decision yet that would work best for my schedule and the blood line I'm looking for.

Thanks again,

Just an update to put out there, my wife and I have been talking with Cheryl from Outlander GSP and have since sent our deposit for the "O" litter due Aug 12. We are still trying to decide between a female or male and not sure if that really matters much as long as the disposition of the pup is what we are looking for. I have a great wife and she is understanding that when it is time to pick the new family member up I will be gone for two weeks big game hunting leaving her alone with him or her.

Thanks for the help,

Just an update to put out there, my wife and I have been talking with Cheryl from Outlander GSP and have since sent our deposit for the "O" litter due Aug 12. We are still trying to decide between a female or male and not sure if that really matters much as long as the disposition of the pup is what we are looking for. I have a great wife and she is understanding that when it is time to pick the new family member up I will be gone for two weeks big game hunting leaving her alone with him or her.

Thanks for the help,

Congrats!! This will be a fine Pup..Looking forward to watching him or her grow on UPH!!! Send us a photo when you make the decision!:thumbsup:

Any decision on male or Female yet? Lots of color on those pups.:thumbsup:

I'm still thinking female and the wife is still male and I have to say I like the color of Oreo with the liver top and white bottom. We will wait and see when it comes to our turn to pick and go from there. We also have the choice of passing on this litter and picking one from her next litter next year which might work better with the timing for us but we are looking forward to seeing these pups grow.

There are only two differences between males and females;

1. One hikes and a leg and the other squats...
2. Males are bigger, usually..

Cant think of anythingelse....

Enjoy your pup!

Last Friday was a long time coming we met Cheryl from Outlanders GSP and picked up our new family member Olivia. She is very sweet and cuddly and loves to explore and get into mischief. Our other female Orley is all butt hurt she walks around with her head down mooping. She use to be the only one who got our attention and now this little fur head with teeth shows up and spoils everything, but she is warming up to her. We are working on the basics and she is doing great even sleeping most of the night.

Oh My!!!! Little Sweetie!! Sounds like she is well on her way !!! You will have to keep us up on her growth. What did you think of the Operation and the dogs Cheryl has? Would you purchase again from Outlander in the future? Thanks and have fun with Olivia!:thumbsup:

It worked out that she was coming down to the Denver area and she brought the pups with her, ours and a few other peoples so I never got up to her place to check it out but with the research, references and contacting her I would definitely do it again. Cheryl is very friendly, knowledgeable and was helpful in answering all our questions and concerns. She invited me to come up and go hunting with her which I would like to do and she made sure we knew we could call her anytime for anything.

Only have good things to say about Cheryl and OutlanderGSP.

I run my Brittany in NSTRA field trials. On my way back from Arizona last month I stopped in Colorado for a trial. I couldn't believe how many GSP's there were. It seems like almost everyone from Colorado was running a GSP. There has to be some good GSP's in that area. Here is the web site for the Rocky Mountain Region (Colorado) of NSTRA. Take a look at the contacts on the home page. I would contact Mark Pace and maybe Chris Cooperrider.

http://www.rockymtnnstra.com/

The trial I was at was held at Steel Fork Pheasants LLC by Rush, CO. You could also contact Andy at Steel Fork.

I'm sure if you talk to these guys (especially Mark Pace) you will get some leads on some good GSP's in your area. Good luck!

I would highly recommend Andy out at Steel Forks near Colorado Springs. He has a litter on the ground now, not sure if they are all sold or not.

Greg

Back