LOOKING FOR 16 GAUGE AMMO IN NORTHERN IL

mattk

I just purchased an A5 Sweet Sixteen, I live in the Chicagoland area, and CAN'T find any 16 Gauge ammo ANYWHERE. Does anyone have any suggestions where I can find any or does anyone have any for sale? Thanks!

A quick check on brickseek.com shows the walmarts in Waukegan and Gurnee, IL to have the Federal Game Loads in stock. Those are 1oz of 6's, at 1165 fps. Price is $8.58 per box. Not the best load out there for phez, especially late-season, but better than nothing.

I've had the new Sweet 16 for 3 years now, and couldn't be happier. Be aware though that the factory chokes pattern much more open than they're marked.
I use Trulock aftermarket chokes in mine. The light mod, with 1 & 1/8 oz of 5's is pure poison on wild roosters.

I just purchased an A5 Sweet Sixteen, I live in the Chicagoland area, and CAN'T find any 16 Gauge ammo ANYWHERE. Does anyone have any suggestions where I can find any or does anyone have any for sale? Thanks!
I had issues with that this year. I stopped looking around here. Boss shotshells has kept me supplied all year. Spendy ... yes. But nontoxic and hard hitting. I am a convert.

Boss 16 gauge in-stock and ready to be delivered. Great Ammo!

Just bought a hundred rounds of 16g from Boss. Have never used them, but hoping they are good! I’ll let you know what I think on my next hunt in a couple weeks.

Back