Longest Spurs & Tails?

showMessage

Measurements

On the mounted bird the taxidermist gave me the measurements. Normally I just pull out the longest one and measure it. That's what I did on the WI bird that measured 23.5"

I'm curious how everyone measures a tail feather? If it is still in the bird?

I look at some of these pictures, and think they aren't as long as is being said. Look at these birds. Not one over 24 1/2", or under 22", but they look as long as some purported 28" tails. ????????????????:confused:

BleuBijou- that bird is nice!!! I would concur on that length!:cheers:

Nice Bird

Lets try this again...picture of bird harvested in Iowa 12/14/01 with 28' tail

Last edited:
Thanks to all that offered assistance, for your patience and understanding.
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then":cheers:

BD, if you have your pic's in photobucket already click on direct link(below the photo, it will say copied) then go back to uph post and hit the insert image icon ( The one with the mountains on it ) then hit control V and then O.K. and then submit! This allows the pic to just show up without having to click on it!!!:cheers: And great mount!!!!

BleuBijou, I hope it is something in the water. I'm headed to Liberal in a week and would be thrilled to do half as well as you have done down there this year. Truly trophy birds.

birddog456 PM me and maybe we can figure out how to post that picture. No guarantees, computers and I don't get along either.LOL

BDC2

With the snow and no cover the birds were easy to find!! They had no where else to hide except the old homesteads and wind breaks!!! Where the grass was better and less snow, you found them as well!! Good luck

With the snow and no cover the birds were easy to find!! They had no where else to hide except the old homesteads and wind breaks!!! Where the grass was better and less snow, you found them as well!! Good luck
Thanks for the intel BleuBijou. I appreciate it.:cheers:

Oh, that is too cool Bleu. I've been trying to do this for a while. Thanks for the help!
Three big birds in one day this season, what a day!
Thermop2011010.jpg

Those are damn nice!!!!! Any going up on the wall???:10sign::cheers:

Last edited:
double post. sorry. can mod delete. thank you

Last edited:
Back