Long Distance Traveling for Birds

Look at county fairgrounds. Many have electricity available and some offer showers , many showers will be shut by mid November I’d speculate. Rates are very reasonable or free

Ok I will start. For the last couple of years I have stayed at Airbnbs when traveling for Upland hunting. I gave up on hotels and motels due to people waking me up at 2 a.m. when they come stumbling In and banging doors. Or at 3:30 getting up to go set out decoys and banging doors.
Airbnb's have been ok, but they are a more expensive option. I have had a few problems with them also. I am thinking of getting a 16' Camper, easy to pull and have everything I need. When I am on the road, hunting, I want good sleep period. Your thoughts?
We find ourselves traveling and meeting up yearly in NODak these days. Coming from Washington state at one end and buddy from Tennessee meets us. a couple of us are retired, and a few guys we go with still earn a living so we have to keep our time at a minimum.
For this reason we typically hotel it but have found some of the folks in this area have rental opportunities. Staying in a home is preferable as we don’t have to deal with coming and going at all hours.
beautiful country, great birding, and best friends make the trip all the more enjoyable.

Back