Live Pheasant Photos

PVH_9113%20-%20Copy%20-%20Copy.jpg
[/URL][/img]
This guy must have had a close call.........

This needs a caption. I've felt like he must...a REAL close call had me running and gasping...

"****! ****! ****!"

I call it my "war cry."

:D

Very nice!:coolpics:
May I ask what kind/brand of trail cam you use for these nice pics? Thanks.

Thanks. She was sporting that look for about a week....Like a fashion trend that never caught on.....

Hett, what kind of habitat/acreage do you have in the area?

Hett, what kind of habitat/acreage do you have in the area?

We have lost a lot of CRP in our area in the last few years......which has really made a difference in bird population....Most of that land was turned into corn and sunflowers. My friend and I have numerous plots of oats, corn, sunflowers, alfalfa, and Native Prairie that we leave for wildlife. We only wish that we could keep the deer away from our new tree plantings.
I hunt on The Prairie, not really near any rivers or potholes, and always within 5 miles of my home.
Not sure if I answered your question or not.......?
DSC_0513.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Yes. Those deer can be very hard on newly planted trees. I have a friend in ND who's working on converting 800 acres into prime pheasants habitat. Same problem. Deer like to dine in his trees. lol

If you had to guess, how much of a (%) drop in bird numbers since the loss of CRP in your area?

Also--if I may:D, how far are these birds traveling from habitat to get to your house/property?

Nick

I believe that we had twice the number of pheasants right around here 5 years ago....again, I am only talking about a small area(within 5 miles of my home), and the coyotes had made quite a comeback until getting thinned out this past Winter.
I happen to be fortunate enough to live on my wife's family's homestead, in the middle of the habitat that we try to maintain for the wildlife. A lot of (quite possibly undeserved) Divine Intervention in my life.:)
image_13.jpeg
[/URL][/img]

With Hettmoe's permission, I occasionally use my photo edit program to play with a few of his images. I fell in love with one of the 20 degrees below zero images and used Picassa to sharpen it up a bit. Of course, the images and all rights pertaining to them are Hettmoe's. He's the craftsman.

Let's see if this link from Photobucket works:

http://s275.photobucket.com/user/Ki...neral/hettmoe huddled birds modified.jpg.html

Last edited:
Back