Let’s talk chaps

When Gander Mtn. was still around I bought a pair of their store brand chaps...came in husky size. Liked them so much, went back and bought another pair. Still on first pair with new ones hanging in my hunt locker.

I have a pair of Filson single tins that I absolutely love. They are pretty frayed around ankles after about 5 years, but they served me well. I bought a pair of the double tins before last season and just did not like them. Found them too heavy, bulky and hot. Actually gave them to a friend of mine. I bought a pair of the Orvis tough shell chaps last year and really liked them. They were light and really shed the water and briars as well. Don't know how they will hold up for longevity, but so far so good. I also broke down this year and bought a pair of the Pyke Kiowa hunting pants. I have been wearing chaps so long, I just felt like trying regular hunting pants. They are incredibly light and comfortable, but haven't had them in hunting conditions yet. I'll post a review of those at the end of the season to give my opinion as they are kind of pricey. Hope they are worth the money.

Back