Left handed 1187

If you find one with rough wood, let me know. I have a like new take-off butt stock and forearm that I could maybe get talked out of. I guessing I won't likely switch mine out, as it my work-horse now.

I'm looking for one for my cousin. I use as right handed 1187 premier. Finding a left handed one will be hard.Remington filled chapter 11.

I bought a LH 11-87 a month ago or so on gunbroker. I would be interested in wood for it, currently it has a Jack West trap stock. I have a trap barrel and a light contour field barrel. The wood is for the light contour barrel, I understand there is a difference.

I bought a LH 11-87 a month ago or so on gunbroker. I would be interested in wood for it, currently it has a Jack West trap stock. I have a trap barrel and a light contour field barrel. The wood is for the light contour barrel, I understand there is a difference.
If you find another one, I'm in!

Had a LH 11-87 a number of years ago. Nice shotgun with pretty wood, but heavy compared to my wife's Beretta A300 and my RH Winchester SX4. I eventually traded it in because after 5 decades of using right handed 870s for hunting & in my LE career (learned to operate the safety with the second finger of my left hand, with practice it's surprisingly fast), I simply could not get used to the left hand safety & found cycling the LH action somewhat clumsy...

The weakness of the 11-87 is that it depends on an O-ring to function. If you crack or break the O-ring (which does happen), it's now a single shot. If you buy an 11-87 I suggest you put a new O-ring in at the start of each season, check it every time you clean the shotgun, and replace it if looks even slightly worn. I bought O-rings in bulk from Brownell's (they're cheap and silicone ones hold up best) and always kept a couple in my vest & blind bag for emergency replacement in the field.

If I run across a reasonably priced RH 11-87 in the used rack during the off-season, I may pick it up. Lord knows I have enough O-rings on hand to go for quite awhile...

Last edited:
Had a LH 11-87 a number of years ago. Nice shotgun with pretty wood, but heavy compared to my wife's Beretta A300 and my RH Winchester SX4. I eventually traded it in because after 5 decades of using right handed 870s for hunting & in my LE career (learned to operate the safety with the second finger of my left hand, with practice it's surprisingly fast), I simply could not get used to the left hand safety & found cycling the LH action somewhat clumsy...

The weakness of the 11-87 is that it depends on an O-ring to function. If you crack or break the O-ring (which does happen), it's now a single shot. If you buy an 11-87 I suggest you put a new O-ring in at the start of each season, check it every time you clean the shotgun, and replace it if looks even slightly worn. I bought O-rings in bulk from Brownell's (they're cheap and silicone ones hold up best) and always kept a couple in my vest & blind bag for emergency replacement in the field.

If I run across a reasonably priced RH 11-87 in the used rack during the off-season, I may pick it up. Lord knows I have enough O-rings on hand to go for quite awhile...
Thanks for the info.If you hear of a left handed 1187, or 1100, please let me know.I think I can go up to 1100 dollars, but would like to stay under 1000.

I bought extra o-rings years ago for my 11-87, thinking it could be an issue. I am still running the original one from the early 90s. Only put a around half dozen boxes of shells through it each year during pheasant season. I might shoot a couple boxes at clays in the off-season, but not usually. Use care when bringing the o-ring over the mag tube threads. I use Longshot in my shells, it seems to burn dirtier than factory shells, clean it at least after every box. They seem to last pretty long in my experience.

I will try to remember you if I come across a LH one.

Back