Late Season!!

Husker

If you guys haven't got out, it's time! The bird numbers are unreal and it seems if you find one, theres a thousand! Our group of 5 hunted Fri, Sat and Sun and were done by 2 at the latest... The birds seemed to be just about everywhere we looked but getting close to them was a bit of a challenge, they held best for us in tree groves and the CRP. Sounds like this coming weekend will be real nice here in SD, I think another 3 day weekend is in order! :cheers:

Steve

SDC10178.jpg

Oh yeah, that's what I'm talkin bout! Nice job. Thanks for the pic. We sure do appreciate them!:coolpics:

Rod​

You guys are killin' me. Wish I could be out there where the birds are. But I love the pics and videos just the same. Keep 'em coming. :cheers:

Just returned Saturday night...Saturday night, because we finished so early on Saturday that I could make the 440 mile drive before I would get too sleepy...seeing how I am coming back out on Wednesday, getting home early scores me some points! We got our 105 birds in remarkably little time...had they raised it to 25 per guy, I don't think it would have been too difficult to get our 175 birds...we got our last 21 birds on Saturday a.m. in about 60 minutes. The snow is causing the birds to hold fairly well. I would characterize this hunt as "national geographic-like" on many occassions....can't wait to get back!!

Sounds and looks great, nice picture! I'm coming on out mid-week this week to N Central. Waited 5 extra days for the warmer weather that seems to be coming, and maybe just a bit less corn. Just me and my dog. Asked a few other guys but no one can make it. If someone is thinking about going out that way and wants to hook up to hunt public land, PM me. I'll be hunting areas that I know well.

Sounds and looks great, nice picture! I'm coming on out mid-week this week to N Central. Waited 5 extra days for the warmer weather that seems to be coming, and maybe just a bit less corn. Just me and my dog. Asked a few other guys but no one can make it. If someone is thinking about going out that way and wants to hook up to hunt public land, PM me. I'll be hunting areas that I know well.

I could make it after Christmas, is that too late?

Back