Late Season!

Thanks Hollow, I have to figure out Flickr! lol.

I get real, real tired of people saying the only good hunting is right after the stocking ! We have been having another great season and it's been a LONG time since any birds were released.We only shoot at an occasional bird this time of year just to keep the pup honest, the rest we just like to see the dog work.

Last edited:
Looks like Scout is going to be another good one! Any sign of the quail?
Didn't see the video the first time! Really neat! I think L.A. might even have a shot at that one! lol.

Last edited:
I have not seen any quail since October. They did not seem to survive very long at all and they didn't recall to the pen with any consistency this year. I'm not sure why.

Connor will turn 12 in a few weeks and he will get a chance at some of those birds.

"Connor will turn 12 in a few weeks and he will get a chance at some of those birds."

Man where did the time go? Does Connor desire a pup of his own?

Hey! How did you get a hold of my back-up gun....

Gotta love them old Beretta's.

LOL. I purchased that gun in 1973-74 with money I made from a paper route! I've shot everything through it when I was young and didn't know any better, from slugs, buckshot and steel shot. Early in the the year I missed a few easy shots and thought maybe it was finally worn out and time to retire it. Well I patterned it and it was as good as the day I bought it, so I couldn't blame the gun. But I haven't missed since! lol.

Dang it, I thought they were going to cancel it. I just talked to Mr. Keller and he said it was still on. I'll never make it now, it's over three hours for us!

It was wet and cold but flushing wild pheasants warm the soul😊. Our group flushed 41 birds. We were looking to get 100 so I think they got it. We had 57 on our farm alone. Switchgrass, gotta love it.

I’ve still been running the dogs and I’ve been fortunate enough to still be moving some pheasants on my outings. Scout is getting some good work on some tough birds that don’t like to stick around long.

Those birds are as good as wild now , good job Scout! Not much going on right now, Chipper is getting over a strange illness that the numerous Vets never had a definitive answer for.

Those birds are as good as wild now , good job Scout! Not much going on right now, Chipper is getting over a strange illness that the numerous Vets never had a definitive answer for.

Good Luck Chipper! Hope everything turns out good!!!

Good Luck Chipper! Hope everything turns out good!!!

Thank You! He seems to be coming along fine now, but it was a couple of months of tests, antibiotics,antinflamitories, etc. Hasn't really had a full day of hard running but he seems to be headed in the right direction.

Back