Lab raw spot on leg

jeffstally

My brother in law has a lab that spends a fair amount of time at my house. She has a spot on her foreleg that is bald and often raw. She will play with sticks or toys and brace the toy with that spot on her leg rubbing it more. During hunting season, the spot is often bleeding due to abrasion from the grasses. Does anyone have any ideas to help me get it healed up and fixed? ThanksIMG_5362.jpg

I would take her the vet. They can give you some meds to put on it to help healing. Probably put on a dressing and keep covered until healed
I had a dog that had a similar injury years ago even after it healed it would reopen when hunted
I wrapped it with coflex and tape at each hunt to prevent the wound from reopening

I would take her the vet. They can give you some meds to put on it to help healing. Probably put on a dressing and keep covered until healed
I had a dog that had a similar injury years ago even after it healed it would reopen when hunted
I wrapped it with coflex and tape at each hunt to prevent the wound from reopening
Good advice. Get her to the vet before it gets worse.

Had a Lab that developed a lick granuloma from what started as a wire cut on his lower left rear leg. Worked on it for years. Kinda controlled it but it never really healed completely.

Your pic looks like the start of one to me but I’m not a vet.

Back