Kansas Trespassing Fee for Private Land

Shouldn't even require legislation, I'd think, given KDWPTs broad discretionary authority and relative independence. Guess the only question would be - why NOT implement?
We have an electronic "E-tag" system now. It's located on page 26 of the hunting regs.

Yes I did, but only after you called my dogs robots because they are trained to a high level!!!!!!!!!!!
That wasn't a personal attack on you. Calling me a liar when I told you what I farm is. You still haven't admitted you were wrong. Not that I care, the only reason I said anything is to try and qualify that I knew what I was talking about when it comes to farm programs. Also I can't have a lot of respect for somebody that comes on here trying to dissuade people from going hunting by telling them how poor it is. I hunt a lot of the same areas that you do, and if you aren't finding birds your robots need some more training. You are the same as a lot of locals, you try and keep others from sharing the resource trying to hog it all for yourself. This isn't the only site that you try and tell people how poor it is every single year.

That wasn't a personal attack on you. Calling me a liar when I told you what I farm is. You still haven't admitted you were wrong. Not that I care, the only reason I said anything is to try and qualify that I knew what I was talking about when it comes to farm programs. Also I can't have a lot of respect for somebody that comes on here trying to dissuade people from going hunting by telling them how poor it is. I hunt a lot of the same areas that you do, and if you aren't finding birds your robots need some more training. You are the same as a lot of locals, you try and keep others from sharing the resource trying to hog it all for yourself. This isn't the only site that you try and tell people how poor it is every single year.

Also I can't have a lot of respect for somebody that comes on here trying to dissuade people from going hunting by telling them how poor it is. I hunt a lot of the same areas that you do, and if you aren't finding birds your robots need some more training. You are the same as a lot of locals, you try and keep others from sharing the resource trying to hog it all for yourself. This isn't the only site that you try and tell people how poor it is every single year.
I like this!

I like this!
Why? Was the assessment inaccurate? Seems like many have reported much the same. Personally - I don't know, just interested in the facts. Seems like so many have developed personal animosities based on differences in outlooks. It is possible to disagree without being disagreeable and as for myself - I find that there are very few here that I can't learn something from. Even if it is only that what I would have assumed to be more or less universal consensus - wasn't!

FWIW, I have found WestKSBow guy's inputs to generally be sober, restrained and generally informative. You - I don't know that well yet.

I don't know why a dog is considered a "robot" simply because it's fully broke. At least that's the assumption I make from the post.

Actually he called me a liar when I posted the amount of acres I farm. He said nobody with that much ground would be wasting time on here. I challenge any of you to post one thing he ever said good about bird or deer numbers. You won't because he hasn't. All he does is try and keep people at home.

This back and forth all started with an insult about me having highly trained dogs. My dogs come from FC-AFC-MH-GMPR titled dogs. They are ff, cc, trained to handle, run blinds, etc. They also quarter like a springer. Lots of time and effort put into them. They retrieve hundreds of birds each season. I don't appreciate an insult towards their abilities and the time and effort put towards achieving such levels. Its not for everyone but I enjoy it and enjoy watching dogs work. As far as trying to keep people from hunting, that could not be further from the truth. 2003-2012 were some of the best years ever for pheasant hunting in Kansas. During those years, I averaged right at 75 birds per season for me alone. 2012-2014 were tough. However 2015-2016 were decent. Then back down again. That is what you will get from most hard core hunters. That is what you will get from my good friend who is a retired upland biologist and farms a lot of ground out here. Quail hunting was terrific in the 70's and 80's then dropped drastically. Many days we moved 15 coveys a day back then. While central KS has seen improved numbers the last 4 years, it is far from what it was. As far as deer hunting, all I have spoken is the truth. I have been killing deer here since the early-mid 80's. All bow kills. Many in the 150 plus inch range. My assessments are accurate. I am foolish in that I constantly take the bait of fsentkilr when he starts with the insults. I did call him a liar after the rift started from an insult about my dogs a few years ago. If you read through this thread you will see that he always has to throw shade first. Some people are what they are, and you can't change that. I offered a year or so ago for him to go hunting with me out here to see how my dogs hunt, of course he declined. We do hunt much of the same area. Mostly Ness County. I had a farmer friend out here this year, that farms roughly 6000 acres, ask me to simply not hunt his ground this year because bird numbers were low. I don't think that hunting would have any impact on bird numbers but respect that decision. The cold night we had around June 6th destroyed what would have been a terrific hatch this spring. That's how it is like it or not. Hopefully we have a mild spring and early summer and bird numbers trend upward. I can't control the weather though.

Last edited:
This back and forth all started with an insult about me having highly trained dogs. My dogs come from FC-AFC-MH-GMPR titled dogs. They are ff, cc, trained to handle, run blinds, etc. They also quarter like a springer. Lots of time and effort put into them. They retrieve hundreds of birds each season. I don't appreciate an insult towards their abilities and the time and effort put towards achieving such levels. Its not for everyone but I enjoy it and enjoy watching dogs work. As far as trying to keep people from hunting, that could not be further from the truth. 2003-2012 were some of the best years ever for pheasant hunting in Kansas. During those years, I averaged right at 75 birds per season for me alone. 2012-2014 were tough. However 2015-2016 were decent. Then back down again. That is what you will get from most hard core hunters. That is what you will get from my good friend who is a retired upland biologist and farms a lot of ground out here. Quail hunting was terrific in the 70's and 80's then dropped drastically. Many days we moved 15 coveys a day back then. While central KS has seen improved numbers the last 4 years, it is far from what it was. As far as deer hunting, all I have spoken is the truth. I have been killing deer here since the early-mid 80's. All bow kills. Many in the 150 plus inch range. My assessments are accurate. I am foolish in that I constantly take the bait of fsentkilr when he starts with the insults. I did call him a liar after the rift started from an insult about my dogs a few years ago. If you read through this thread you will see that he always has to throw shade first. Some people are what they are, and you can't change that. I offered a year or so ago for him to go hunting with me out here to see how my dogs hunt, of course he declined. We do hunt much of the same area. Mostly Ness County. I had a farmer friend out here this year, that farms roughly 6000 acres, ask me to simply not hunt his ground this year because bird numbers were low. I don't think that hunting would have any impact on bird numbers but respect that decision. The cold night we had around June 6th destroyed what would have been a terrific hatch this spring. That's how it is like it or not. Hopefully we have a mild spring and early summer and bird numbers trend upward. I can't control the weather though.
Force fetch? What kind of animal are you, sir? :)

I have to agree with fsentkilr. In almost 10 years of reading this forum I've never heard Bowhunter say one good thing about bird numbers.
I think he just did. But if I'm wrong - so what? Is he the only poster here? LOTS opportunity to offer another point of view, if you don't agree. That's what this forum is all about - right?

I think he just did. But if I'm wrong - so what? Is he the only poster here? LOTS opportunity to offer another point of view, if you don't agree. That's what this forum is all about - right?
Agreed. I didn't know it was anyone's duty to pump up bird numbers. Or vice versa. I think most of us simply call what we see.

This back and forth all started with an insult about me having highly trained dogs. My dogs come from FC-AFC-MH-GMPR titled dogs. They are ff, cc, trained to handle, run blinds, etc. They also quarter like a springer. Lots of time and effort put into them. They retrieve hundreds of birds each season. I don't appreciate an insult towards their abilities and the time and effort put towards achieving such levels. Its not for everyone but I enjoy it and enjoy watching dogs work.

Gotcha. I have always tried to keep my dogs fully broke, and I have a pointer that has won 2 championships and took R/U in a third. He's damn close to finishing his AKC titles as well. So I understand what it takes to train and keep them at a high level. It's difficult and take discipline. But I like to compete in the games, and that's what's necessary.
You are right, it's not for everyone - for me, I respect and admire that level of training.

The following is right on cue with what I posted above. You can ignore, not believe it, or call it negative posting but it is the truth along with all my posts over the last 10 years, or longer!!!! It all nose dived after 2011 season.

2010 brought one of the highest pheasant harvests since 1992 -- about 1 million pheasants. But, come 2013, the pheasant harvest was underneath 200,000 birds, said Jim Pitman, single game coordinator of KDWPT.

Back