Kansas Trespassing Fee for Private Land

General question from an "Evil Non-resident". Is there an average per acre amount that the state pays ? How do they arrive @ a "fair market value" ? Seems to me the value of a private lease has to be considered in the equation. I certainly can't fault a land owner for maximizing his asset return. We are still a capitalist country ( @ the moment ) after all. Having said that, I certainly enjoy the WIHA program results as it the only land we hunt.
How would you ever determine what the value of a private lease is? That is non taxable cash and a handshake.

No idea, apparently for some land owners the WIHA under values the asset. I would be curious as to the cost to lease decent bird ground. Honestly have no idea ...
Not a lot of leasing on bird ground. Its all about deer. It depends on the property to how much is paid though WIHA. At one time the average was $2.50 per acre. So $2500 for a 1000 acres. Probably much lower than what a deer lease goes for. And no hassle from the gov't. Some of those leases might involve a party of 4 paying $2500 each for a 1000 acres. I know one landowner, and that is what he gets. Its the outfitters that have driven up the price of leasing. And they lease large amounts of 30,000 acres plus.

Not a lot of leasing on bird ground. Its all about deer. It depends on the property to how much is paid though WIHA. At one time the average was $2.50 per acre. So $2500 for a 1000 acres. Probably much lower than what a deer lease goes for. And no hassle from the gov't. Some of those leases might involve a party of 4 paying $2500 each for a 1000 acres. I know one landowner, and that is what he gets. Its the outfitters that have driven up the price of leasing. And they lease large amounts of 30,000 acres plus.
Seems to be a common theme to focus on deer. Ks. is not unique in that but I would have thought the bird leases would be prominent. I'm grateful for the WIHA access and I'll be back in Jan of '22, going to extend the trip a day or two so we can rest the dogs more. We hunted 5 straight days this yr., a bit much ...may focus again on north central KS and possibly south central Nebraska. Any thoughts ?

Seems to be a common theme to focus on deer. Ks. is not unique in that but I would have thought the bird leases would be prominent. I'm grateful for the WIHA access and I'll be back in Jan of '22, going to extend the trip a day or two so we can rest the dogs more. We hunted 5 straight days this yr., a bit much ...may focus again on north central KS and possibly south central Nebraska. Any thoughts ?
Rotate your dogs and 5 days will be easy.

Back