Kansas Precip....

Point!

I've found this to be relatively accurate for my area over the years. Thought I'd post and see if it appears to be accurate to anybody else.

This is the estimated precipitation for Kansas from May 17 to May 24.

Thoughts?

KS%20Precip%205.17.15-5.24.15.jpg

Kansas Estimated Rainfall 5/17/15 - 5/24/15

Point!

It's about 2 inches behind for me. Of course, 1.73 of that came yesterday! If that wasn't in there yet, it could get it close! How to heck are you Point! Next 7 days have a rain chance. May need to shop for oars!

Is this a good year for rain? These birds need the right amount of water at the right time. I am hoping the conditions are right to benefit the birds.

Down here in Texas we are being flooded.

well, we need the moisture, but most hens are on the nest, so too much is not good, but continued wet will make the wheat harvest late which is good....it's always a mixed bag, but the hens can re nest, it is still early.

let it rain, while mother nature is in the mood!!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I just hope it hasn't affected the quail. We were getting the numbers back up the past couple of years. Maybe the ones that are not successful will be able to renest during drier weather later. Really looking forward to quail hunting this year.

Currently there has been a couple storms roll through S. Lane county and the estimates in one place were 10 inches. The large hail could of caused the high precip in this locale. It was at 3.75 inches in diameter which it is usually on the high end. But 2 inch hail is no good as is 6-10 inches of rain. But again it is a small area. Hang in there!

Back