Just Returned

WABlackDog

Just returned from NE Montana. Hunted two days arond Malta and found a few birds on the Bowdon NWR. Hunted some BMP ground south of Malta for sharpies/sage bombers and I wouldn't waste any time down there. Very poor cover and cactus everywhere. Moved to the Froid/Medicine Lake area. Also hunted some old honey hole BMP spots and found ZERO birds. Granted they weren't very far out of town. Had to start looking harder and walking farther. Found a few birds on some BMP ground but had out best luck on private ground. All in all a great trip and we brought home plenty of birds. Had to look for the birds harder than we have ever had but once we found them there was a bunch of them.

WABlackdog
View attachment 1513

Good for you.:10sign::coolpics:

Chasing 4 labs across open country! Man you guys are tough! My single Lab drug my sad behind up and down those low hills and almost killed me.
We saw a guy in Plentywood this year and last that had 8 dogs in a custom box on the back of his dually, pumps, hoses and water tanks on its roof and a special hitch platform loaded with stuff too. He hunted by himself and last year had what looked like a 200 gallon water trailer behind the whole thing. Serious hunters out there.

Bring your walking boots

Hunted Montana alot and if you dont like walking alot Montana is not for you. If you like to explore, try diffrent types of cover and let the dogs roam Montana is for you. Heres to all the guys that are die hard hunters:cheers:.

Walking's not an issue. It's running uphill after your dog all the time with your shotgun at Port Arms that makes me question my judgement sometimes.:laugh: It feels more like Chukar hunting than a gentlemanly stroll for Pheasants.

Back