January is almost here!!

kscountryboy11

How many of you will be getting out for the last 4 weeks? i kno i will be hunting at least 2 different areas. i always look forward to january for some reason :rolleyes:

only bad thing about january... it means the season is drawing to an end! :mad:

Hunted 15 days in November. I can't take off anytime in December. I have 8 days planned for January starting on the 1st, can't wait.

Rod

January

I've been out on only three one-day hunts so far this year to central Kansas, hunting solo with my dog. I have difficulty finding hunting partners as so many are stove up or jaded by a comparative lack of birds. January will be different as my hunting companion since high school is moving back from Boise Idaho. We're going to hit it hard further west. Another buddie's construction business has finally slowed so he's available as well. Oh goody,goody. I'm a retired basketball coach and could not for 30 years give roosters the time they deserved, since the seasons were contiguous with bird season. Now, how to keep my wife happy in January is another story. I'm only 63 and can still go all day, although lately the heavy 12 citori has given way to a light 20 guage double.

Back